VIP Member Card

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you guys and gals have actually used the "VIP Member Card" that you get when you bought your new Nitro boat. The card says "10% off qualified purchases - 20% off bass pro shops brand items."

Truth is I would never buy any BP products and if I ever did - well - I can't figure out how to use the darn card anyway. I guess I would have to call them or something when I order a BP product.... which I never would.

--- 99% of the time I shop at TackleWarehouse.com

What good is it?

Just wondering.

Hey Gary,

Tried to use mine but because I have to use it online, BPS won't recognise it. You need be actually purchase in store. Since I'll be back in the states next April, I'll take it with me and buy anything just so I can say I used it!!:lol:

I only heard about tacklewharehouse.com yesterday, what other secrets are you guys holding out on me?????

cheers

Gary,

The card is good for just what it says; 10% - 20% off BPS products.

Here's a link to explain: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageID=4928

But, if you'd never buy BPS products, it's basically useless to you.

Guys it can be used online you just have to speek to a BPS rep and tell them you have a VIP card. You should get your discount.

I used mine and never had any problems with it. I saved several hundred dollars with it. It cannot be used to buy electronics or guns. I used it to get my discount on my talon and all kinds of fishing tackle and rods and reels. I used to to buy my 100mph gear. All I can say is I saved a lot of money and got a lot of stuff with it. Use it you a can save yourself some dollars.

I have used my new VIP card and it is a great savings deal. 10% discount on "all items" except reels, electronics, firearms and accessories, boats and mark downs. 20% on BPS brands. That's a big help on everything in the catalog or store. You must telephone in your order or go to a BPS store. Big deal! It just takes a little more time but you save $. In 2 years, that will add up.

Its a Discount card. 10%-20% off everything you buy. If you find your self shoping at BPS then use it. If not, don't worry about it.

Why wouldn't you buy BP products??

Everything you see stamped with the "Bass Pro Shop" logo, is made by companies that have been paid to rebrand it "BPS". EX: BPS Reels are made by "Quantum" I believe, (someone may correct me on that)......BPS rods are made by a company like "Falcon", or "Ulgy Stick".

I don't know the complete "in's and out's"....but you see my point.--> Everything "BPS" logo, has been rebranded by someone else...Warrantied by someone else.

When I go into BPS and find something I like,(rods, reels, baits, boat items, etc), I always ask if they have the exact product in "BPS" logo, because its always about 25% cheaper. Its the same product, made by the same company, warrantied by the same company.

Do some homework, you might be suprised what you find.

Plus the VIP card. Your missing out on some really good savings!!!

Almost all my Rods and Reels are BPS! Good stuff as far as I'm concerned. Gave my son's each rods and Reels this year on a trip to Mn. Oldest son has $300 dollar reels. I gave them "Pro Qualifier" Reels. My son likes the "Pro Qualifier" as well as his $300 dolar job. Don't remember what brand it was. He was amazed!

Anyhow it's good stuff!

I'll try again then, I have to use mine online because I'm in Australia. I spoke to the rep on the phone and they told me I have to present at a store to use it as they need it know it's really me using the card.

Thanks for the info

Between the VIP card and my Best Buy rewards zone card I tend to visit the dog house from time to time.........gotta get those points!!!

Latest posts

Back