Two Beeps on Mercury 200 HP EFI

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard James

Reaction score
I was running my Nitro 898DC with a 2004 Mercury 200HP EFI. I hit 68 MPH and 5500 RPM and then I heard two beeps (beep beep). I :blink:cut the speed down and never heard it again. Any idea what the two beeps were? :unsure::unsure:

Did you have good water pressure? Is your oil tank full? "Normally" I would say you hit the rev limiter and your motor was telling you your rpms were too high. 5500 is not normally high enough. But if the water was rough or you went over a wake, you could have surfaced your prop causing a spike in rpm's. Check your oil saddle tank (on the motor) and see if it is full to the very top. If not the jostling around on the water can set off the sensor. If it is low come back and we'll go over the proper way to fill it.

Thanks Toxic. I thought it could have been the speed and high revs. The water was a bit choppy and the wind was howling, but the prop didn't come out the water. I'll check it soon.

I had a similar problem, and it turned out to be the screen in the oil tank on the boat. It started out as a very intermittent alarm and over time got progressively worse. The fix is simple, pull the screen out of the oil tank, clean the screen with chemtool. My engine is a 96 Merc 200 efi. The screen is in the oil tank in the boat and not and not the one under the cowl on the motor.

Latest posts

Back