TV-18??????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Eder2

Reaction score
Anybody out there have a TV-18? We have a new 2010 at the store I work at and I'm thinking about getting it. It has a 90 Opti on it and I was looking for input as to what you guys think?

I bought one last February and LOVE it. Mine has a 115 opti, and I trimmed it out with electronics from my old boat (MinnKota ipilot, HDS, structure scan, etc.) The combination of storage, performance and low cost of operation make this rig a winner. This boat gets better gas milage than my old 40 hp on a 16' Smokercraft did. Some of my friends are now thinking differently about a tin boat. I can't wait to put one of the new Spitfire props on it this spring.

Rich there are 5 that fish in the circuits I do around me. 3 have 90's, I have a 115 and one has a 150. Everyone loves them including me. If I have one thought is that they are a little light in the wind so upgrade the troller as I did. I did several modifications to mine that make it work better for me. ratchet tie downs, remove middle seat and put in a step, upgrade troller to an 80 lb minnkota, upgrade the electronics, moved the console forward for more leg room, installed a hot foot, turn signal style trim lever, upgraded the bilge pumps, insulated the underside of the live well....... and it rides great to boot and fishes pretty well with two bigger people in it. Not as stable as a fiberglass due to weight and hull style but very nice none the less with no complaints. The desk seems as big or begger than most fiberglass hulls due to the gunnels not being as wide and tons of storage!!!!! Wish they didn't stop making them. The one with the 150 screams!!!!!!! Has about 12 inches of hull in the water at WOT!!!!!!!

Randy!

I have a 2001 tv18 with a 150 xr6. I fish the finger lakes and some of the Great's. Does themn all just fine. Good luck and enjoy the new boat.

GREAT fishing platform,......a couple buddies of mine have them....one with a 90...one with a 150. Plenty of room and very "fishable" boats. ;)

I have a 2000 TV-18 with a 90hp. I love it....wish I had a bigger motor, but can't complain. It's a great fishing platform and has tons of room.

Reno

Thanks for the great comments guys. I will put an 82 MG on it and maybe HDS 5. I'm just not sure about going backwards in boat selection. I had an 03-898/w 200 and a 190/w 150 so you can see my delema. But I also think my style has changed a bit and this will fit it.

Latest posts

Back