EVA Foam Install on Grizzly

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFGomer

Reaction score
I’m thinking about installing EVA foam on my Grizzly 1860. It seems pretty straightforward, the only part I’m wondering about is how to install it over the deck drains. Has anybody else tried installing it on a jon boat? How did you handle the drains? I’m wondering if I should cut out a template for cutting the holes? Or will I be able to feel the holes through the foam and just use an Exacto knife to cut them out?

i completly lined my 16 ft. lowe line big jon with foam. plus a built up back deck. floor and sides were plywood floor with carpet and counter top plastic covering the foam on the sides. the floor and sides were not sealed and any water that got in would drain to the bilge . older boat, auto bilge pump. a 20 year fishing machine.

The Grizzly’s have drains cut into the floors, 2 in the bow and 3 in the stern. See the attached photos. I’m wondering if I would be able to cut that fine of a detail into the foam so that they are still functional.
12573C22-AB23-49AD-A1F1-E69B24E929F9.jpeg
59F3CFAE-1687-439D-ADAB-4E928872F545.jpeg

I’m thinking about installing EVA foam on my Grizzly 1860. It seems pretty straightforward, the only part I’m wondering about is how to install it over the deck drains. Has anybody else tried installing it on a jon boat? How did you handle the drains? I’m wondering if I should cut out a template for cutting the holes? Or will I be able to feel the holes through the foam and just use an Exacto knife to cut them out?
I used Seadek.

Latest posts

Back