Trep, try this with a wagon, GM Part duece!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Ever had one of those days? I had one yesterday. I was singing "momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like my momma said!" Well after finally getting one sputtering, farting, lurching, piece of $#!+ Bravada home we took the kids to the park for a picnic dinner and to play. On the way there, the service engine light comes on in my wifes van! Now I'm getting hot! Get it home and the wife starts in on me for no apparent reason other than I was there, you know in only that way a wife can do. Nothing personal ladies, but sometimes you have a devine knack for saying the absolute worst things at the absolute worst time and then nagging about it. (cause we love that naggin dontchano!) Anyhow, I needed to get some air so I figured I'd go drive the carbon out of the EGR valve. See the motor needs to be revved high, like 5500 RPMs and the valve tapped or jossled at the same time to dislodge the particle. Well I "jossled" it alright and at WOT! I was trucking along merrily, ya know about 78 mph, and it wanted to stall and the brakes got funny and the steering stiffened up and started off the road towards a swampy wet ditch. So I figured, "you wanna go off roadin huh???? OK......LET'S GO OFF ROADIN!!!!" So I proceeded to test that lil 4.3 and smartrac 4x4 and let me say this, with those tires and that smartrac, until you hang up the axles and fram so the tires can't hit bottom anymore, that lil b!+@# can GO! LOL The state trooper asked me how far I had been off road, somehow he got the impression I was trying to cover up as if I had just gone off right there. "NOPE, to be honest about a mile and half back!", "I was either going to kill this truck or bury it in mud. Guess which happened"! He said he had seen the ruts for a long ways back. He didn't breathalize me, he knew I was sober, but maybe off my meds? LOL Finally had a DODGE come pull me out! LOL That's what I'm talkin about. So, I will now be cleaning up that pig and trading it in towards something, most likely a Dodge, maybe a Ford, but under no cirucmstances (unless it's free) a GM! LOL But there is this nice Suburban I saw on the way to work........LOL Try that with a wagon Trep! Up to 10" of mud and muck and that thing will scoot. 14"-18" of muck, it gets stuck!

Rob - See there is ONE major flaw in your thinking "Try that with a wagon Trep!" My 3.0ltr 200hp DOHC ford V-6 does NOT choke, stall, or get "funny" steering so i'm cruising STRAIGHT on down the road!!!LOL

Until your tranny drops! I could do that with it running great.

Rob - ALready did!!! In January at 75,000 miles (Granted we bought it used, so we'll never know if the first owner screwed it up for me)!!!

Rob

Kind of in the same light. I was quail hunting a few years ago and drove my Explorer off the road about a quarter mile. It was suspose to stay below freezing that day instead it warmed to 48 degrees. This turned the frozen dirt road I was on into a mud road. I had fulltime four independent four wheel drive and was pushing mud with the front bumber like a dozer. Made it out, and my hunting partner that day couldn't belive we made it(nor me). Took six dollars worth of quarters at the car wash and chunks of mud were still falling off weeks later. Boy did we shoot the quail down there so it was worth it.

fatrap

hey rob if you do decide to go ford (A new one that is)ask them about the x plan (I know you are leaning toward dodge and thats fine Im just happy you didnt mention the T or H, or N word) If they know what you are talking about then let me know I will find out what I have to provide you with to get the discount us ford employees can give out. Ill probably have to call detroit give them my info and they will get me a # to give ya. example my 02 f150 4x4 was 29k on sticker but after rebate(only fatory rebates count) and A plan (almost the same as x plan, I think x plan is dealers true cost) I payed 22k. Im not trying to push you either way or to a new vehicle , I dont know what you are looking to spend all Im saying is if thats what you decide I will try to help ya out. I get 10 x plans to give out a year so just trying to spread the help if thats what you decide. will have to admit I love the the dakotas they are sweet looking. but I am a ford man even before I started working for them, nothing wrong with dodge or GM I just like them fords.

my ranger did great untill the wife decided to go down in a 6 foot ditch, almost made it out 30 yards later but the left side hit a oak tree, peeled steel back to the door and snapped something in the steering can u say totaled. tree had about a 1 foot square peice of bark missing but stood there laughing, she still hates driving by there. all that to miss a dog, state trooper sited her for loss of control and she said but i did it to miss the dog, he said next time hit dog then the tree and get the dog owners home owners insurance to pay for vehicle and ya wont get a ticket lol. the only bad thing was I payed it of one month before. lol have to laugh about it though no need to cry.

I'd love a new Expedition! LOL I'll look into it, thanks. I love Fords AND Chysler products. I don't like the look of the F-150's and they crash tested the worst out of all full size pickups. Now an F-250, with the different looking nose and beefier everything, now you're talkin. But the mileage........geeeesh!

I'm a Ford guy from a long time back. Always a fan of the Blue Oval but I was looking at diesels and it seems there have been a lot of problems with them. I'm sure they'll get them worked out and I will look at them again if they do....and the V-10 is always an option. But go figure, the wife likes the "looks" of the 2500 Dodge. Try to explain that looks are only sheet metal deep!! And that GMC is just classy sweet. Amid the controversy and confusion, I'm lettin it sit for awhile.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back