Transducer Mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Shelton

Reaction score
If I mount 2 transducers within 6-8 inches from each other will they interfere? I would like to move my Down Imaging trans down so that it will work (on sonar mode) at high speeds. I only have about 8 inches of room beside the other transducer. In case your wondering, I'm running 2 units at the concole,1 with GPS and HD sonar and the other with Down Imaging and standard sonar.

By the way, one unit is Humminbird and the other is Lowrance. I don't know if that matters.....

They will definately cross talk and can even a boat length from each other. They use the same frequencies.

The brand makes no difference.

1999 Nitro Nx 882, I do not have much room to mount them. I've found the only place I can mount and still be affective at high speed is underneath the drain plug and livewell drains.

Why are you not using a shoot-thru installation. That is the BEST application for your hull, no matter if it is for the Lowrance or Humminbird DI.

That is the difference in mounting a system and INSTALLING a system.

Installing takes into considerationg the boat type and capabilities.

I tried once before to epoxy the transducer in the bilge area and just could not get it to work correctly. I guess I'm now taking the easy way out.

I am having the same issue on my Z6. I tried 3 times to get my shoot thru hull transducer to work properly. I am now in the process of installing it in some liquid in a 3" PVC coupling in the battery area. I did a trial run with it yesterday and it seems to work just fine. I tried to upload pics but no luck.

I just decided to mount the Down Imaging transducer on the jack plate since the DI only works at slow speeds anyways. I will just continue to use my Lowrance w/ GPS at high speeds and use the Humminbird for idle speeds.

Top Water.......... I went through the same thing, my bilge area which would obviously be the lowest point on the hull, is sloped slightly on both sides. So even if I could get it to work correctly it would not read directly under the boat but slightly to the side. :wacko:

Latest posts

Back