Transducer Install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi all, i am looking at mounting my transducer in my bilge. However i am looking at replaceing that unit soon with a lowrance HDS unit. What can i use to hold the transucer to the bilge that can allow it to be easily removed. Would Sikaflex be suitible?

Thanks

AUSNITRO

The HDS units use standard transducers for the sonar. So it would be the same and you can mount it permently

would a transom transducer glued to the inside hull give you accurate water tempurature and speed readings?

It cannot give water temp readings inside the hull....it will give inside the hull readings! lol Transducers do not give speed readings.

Aus, to do what you ant to do is difficult. A temporary solution would be to mount some StarBoard to your transom and mount the temp transducer there. When you get your Lowrance, epoxy the 2d sonar in the hull and mount the SS transducer to the StarBoard. Or just mount your 2d transducer to the StarBoard.

I have never been a big fan of mounting transducers in the hull. Too much signal loss. Sure you can get a good install, but its a crap shoot.

Latest posts

Back