Trailstar Trailer Jack

• Thread starter Sam Elkins [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/91
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
I have the retractable trailer jack that came on my Trailstar trailer. It's getting kinda hard to wind up and down. I was looking for somewhere to oil or grease it but can't find anywhere. The manual that came with the boat doesn't address servicing the jack. Does anyone have the same kind of jack and how do you service yours? Thanks
Trailer%20Jack.jpg

I usually jack mine up all the way and grease the sleeve that extends out. You can take the two bolts out of the top to access the gears, but mine stay pretty well greased. My issue has always been the inner shaft rubbing against the outer shaft.

my jack is the same way. anyone know of a jack that rolls easier on the driveway?

bryan

what i did with my old one like that was cut the legs off the pad of the bottom,go to grainger and buy a 6" swivel caster with mount and weld it to the pad,makes an easier trailer to move.now my present one has the swivel wheel built in which is removable also.the bad thing with mine now is it is getting to show its age,worn pretty good,plus the plasic wheel is showing its true age now.

I spoke with Richard at the Katy BPS. He said that regular wheel bearing grease is the thing to use on them. Thanks for posting the question: up until now I've neglected mine.

Bryan, BPS sells a trailer jack with a bigger wheel that may roll better on the driveway. I wound up putting two jacks on the front of my trailer. I find it is more stable and easier to push around the driveway/garage. And I always have a vision of the single trailer jack failing somehow!

-Gregg

I used marine grease that I use on my prop shaft. Mine cranks up and down and last year became a real chore. Cranked it all the way up, put some on, and cranked it up and down several times and it really helped.

I just crank mine all the way up and wipe on a good coat of marine bearing grease. I do it each fall and it really helps. I also grease the swivel/plate area so folding it up stays easy.

Latest posts

Back