Trailer spare tire mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
I still have to purchase a spare tire and mount for my trailer. Has anyone mounted the spare tire horizontally behind the bow-stop post on a PT175 trailer?

I have a PT185 and mounted the spare on the right side of the trailer. I don't remember what brand it was but I got it at Walmart a while back. Its a round piece of tubing about an 1 1/2 in dia. formed to a 90 deg. angle. I have plenty of tire to boat clearance because it offsets the tire about 4 or 5" from the trailer frame. I mounted it on the right side just behind the front most cross brace on the trailer. At least I think thats where it is. I would go look but the boat is still in storage. Hope this helps.

Carl

I like my side mount also. Kinda' helps line it up when it's windy:)
boat.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to take a another look at WalMart. They might be out of stock at the moment.

BTW...put a rubber coated chain around it with a lock so it won't get stolen as easy:)

Do you have a Norther Tool and Equipment nearby? They have all kinds of trailer items, and several ways to mount spares (they have tires/rims also).

Tex

I have a spare mounting bracket that I never used if you want to pay shipping for it. I would have to find it after the move but I am sure it's in the garage. If I remember right it's the side mount like the photo above.

Just to get an idea about the price of a new spare (Tracker Marine raised white letter style) I inquired at the Tracker Boat Center. Price quoted: $122! I'm gonna go to WalMart and purchase a plain black tire with a plain rim.

I bought a side mount from BPS and it broke apart!... So, get a heavy duty one if you have bigger tires...

Okay, just learned that Tracker has their own specific bolt pattern for trailer wheels. Hmmmmm

Latest posts

Back