Largest wheel/tire size for 2018 Nitro Z21 dual axle trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F1SHLIF

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2018 Nitro Z21 and want to replace the standard 14" rims and tires. I'm looking to move to a black 16" rim with a wider & lower profile tire. Looking for anyone that has done this as not sure how I can measure to order new rims and tires that fit.

I got Vezda 245x45 18's with the optional tire/wheel package from Nitro. Note, these tires are for SUV's, they don't have the extra rub rib found on many trailer specific tires that protects them from curbing tires on tight turns. If you are looking for after market wheels and tires be sure you understand wheel offset. That is the distance from the center line below the outside edge of the hub flange that the wheel is against. You can see badly chosen wheels on trucks all the time, having tires that extend way out from the fender wells. This bad for obvious reasons. Not obvious is that large positive offset (distance out from the hub flange) quickly ruins wheel bearings and large negative offset the tires may rub against frame or suspension parts. You will have to measure these things yourself, on cars there are offset calculators specific for each model that tells you what each size tire will have for clearances based on wheel offset for a given wheel.

Latest posts

Back