TRACKER SUCKS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Nethaway

Reaction score
TRACKER SUCKS And that is how I feel!!!

They don't stand behind their product !!!

They give lots of lip service !!

Their service shops (the ones I have used) Suck!

Well there you go.

oh im suppose to say

that's just my 2 cents! LOL

Oh and some have said that TRACKER uses low end riggings on their boats to keep the cost down, Well that takes you back to the old saying "You get what you pay for" and that is soooo true when you talk about TRACKER boats.

Always so nice to read such a positive post! I'm sure with such a nice attitude service shops go out of their way to help you also...Some people would complain even if they were hung with a new rope.

Charlie -

I've been relatively nice to you in my comments to this point - but not any longer.

Although I will concede that there were likely some initial faults on Tracker's part and/or product defects, your attitude is the major problem - not Tracker.

It has been my experience, since the inception of this board, that the members do everything humanly possible to help each other resolve issues. Usually, with everyone contributing, solutions are found. We all maintain a positive outlook. You, on the other hand, do nothing but *****.

You are a disgrace to this board.

me

i guess ill chime in on this one now.

low end riggings?what do they do?tell merc use the cheaper trim units?i dont think so.

do they tell there aluminum supplier to give them the cheaper aluminum?dont think so!

tell hbird give them the cheap finders,or motorguide to give them the cheaper units,mmmm,DONT THINK SO!

if you dont like it,sell it! please.we dont need anyone like you spreading your side of the story all over the place,and not here the manufacturers end,or the service end of the conversaton.

if i had someone come into my shop talking like you did,i would politely say there is the door,use it.

oh and if you dont like what we are saying,why dont you go to the bash fishing homepage and spread your good cheer,you should fit in mighty nicely i might add!

enuf said!

I don't understand, Charlie has posted 161 post on this discussion board. If he has posted so many threads why is he still here on the Nitro (Tracker) forum? Seems like to me he is just starving for attention, so therefore, don't give it to him. Let this be the last post on this thread.

Bryan

That is why there are other companies still in business. Not everyone likes the same things. Plenty of people here and elsewhere who love their Nitros or Trackers. Don't try to sell it to me. I have had nothing but great things with 2 Trackers and 2 Nitros over the years. Just lucky ?? I don't think so!!!

You seem to be an authority on sucking , don't you!

I'm on my third Tracker boat,Proteam 175,700LX and now a 2003 NX882 and have had minor problems but have always been taken care of at the dealer.You remind me of the kids I went to school with who would complain about living in the slums,as far as I know No one ever built SLUMS,how did they get that way.Your on the wrong site to be Tracker bashing,if we didn't like our boats we wouldn't be here willing to help anyone who asks.

Magna, um, you kinda did yourself in on citing Hummingbird and MotorGuide as things Tracker doesn't do to cut costs. Tracker and Nitro boats seem to be underpowered in their trolling motors (the ones that are STANDARD) and anything by Hummingbird is certainly not "top of the line".

On motors, they DO cut costs. You don't see Skeeter offering a big boat with a small motor (of course, they are owned by Yamaha, but I digress). Tracker Marine DOES cut costs to give the low "nationally advertised prices" that they do.

Other boat makers do similar things though. But, Nitro didn't skimp when they put a 2000GPH bilge pump in my 911. They did skimp on the quality of the switches, and a few other things.

Well,

Nice Sunday conversation to get the 'ol blood going, I guess. Seems that Mr. Charlie brings some good and bad to the table. Discussion is good, #itch#$g is generally counter productive. But, that is what this forum is for and maybe he will eventully get educated in the proper, easy and poilite way to get issues resolved.

My humble Mothers Day 2 cents.

Semper Fi

Carlos

My 12 year old Tracker is holding up very well,I couldn't be happier with it.For the amount of abuse I put the old girl through,the problems I do have are very minor.

If you want a boat rigged with all top of the line parts Charlie,go spend $40,000 for a top of the line boat.

I do agree that paying any amount for a boat should get you a quality product and service,but you are comparing apples to oranges.If you wanted top of the line parts,why didn't you buy a Tundra?You bought the boat you did because it was cheaper.You wouldn't buy a stripped down Chevy pickup for $20,000 and compare it to a $40,000 Silverado,but you will do it with your boat.

Lose the attitude Charlie,and maybe you could get some help.

Steve

it may be true they put downsized things on such as motors,trolling motors and finders,but you dont have to keep them on there.the motors and such are the same as the ones you buy over the counter is the point i was trying to get over on you.they dont build them special for tracker.the motors are merc,put a decal on them that says tracker and bing,same motor.

my boat was made in 1993,and the only things i replaced is a livewell pump,and the trolling motor.thats it.no switches,lights,nothing else.still has the origional fuel filter on it.oh wait,shift and throttle cables,thats it.
rightdone.jpg

Charlie,

Been biting my tongue quite a while on this, but after reading on another thread here, a personal attack against Scott, who has done nothing but good things for people here, said nothing but nice things to people here, and in general is a great guy to ask for help or advice, well, that was way out of line, and undeserved by Scott.

Yes, buyer beware when buying a Tracker, but also when buying a Cadillac, Jeep, Ford,Alumicraft,Skeeter,Gas Grill,Lawn mower,etc... because.....

maybe you got a bad one, a lemon, ALL MANUFACTURERS at some time or another end up unable to satisfy a customer's complaint. ( If this is truly what happened to you, then yes, you have a beef with Tracker, and yes, you always have a right to voice your opinion of course, IN A POLITE AND FAIR WAY) Noone on this board caused your Tracker problems, many on this board offered advice and or encouragement,and no one here wished you these problems with Tracker. I see that you're a member, and also have posted fishing reports, so somewhere along the line you must have been a happy camper, happy with Tracker,happy with this site, before the boat problems.

Guess all you could do at this point might be to sell, and get a boat you're happy with, and get to enjoy fishing and boating again. Lund makes a heck of a nice boat of course, and I would have loved to buy one, but couldn't justify spending almost $10,000 more than I paid for my Tracker, for the same sized boat with the Lund name on the side.

My neighbor has a Lund, and he's loved and babied that boat for 16 years now and it's served him well.

I wish you had a better outcome with Tracker, but it sounds like it's long beyond being a solve-able problem, please remember, we tried to help,and encourage, and it's not our faults here, and it's definitely not Scott's problem here.

And for the record, I've had computers and gone online ever since Al Gore invented this internet thingie....lol..( ok, actually since around '93 or '94, I dunno)egMike

I am so tired of trying to appease Charlie and his negitave attitude.......I'm sure tracker is too. He is now a borderline troll. And you know what we do to trolls!!

TOXIC

All,

Please, let's try to keep this respectful. Remember the basic rules Rich Stern established; no personal attacks, no abusive language. There are too many boards that allow that BS and I hope we can keep this board above that level.

Charlie, We all read about your issues and are familiar with your feelings towards Tracker. Perhaps it is time to dump your boat and get one you can enjoy.

On a personal note, if you choose to disregard the rules Rich has laid out, have the courage and integrity to post under your name/handle, do not hide behind an anonymous post.

Rich D

Problem is Charlie can't sell his boat as much as he would like to. He has dogged it to everybody who would give him 5 minutes or has a computer. I always get a laugh when a new member comes on board, asking about our opinion on a certain model Tracker/Nitro. Charlie always trys to sell them his old lemon. Actually I've got a feeling the boat isn't a lemon at all. It's probably a combination of #1 rough treatment,#2little or no preventive maintenence,#3 Charlie tries to work on it himself-gets it all screwed up and takes it to a dealer that may not be so hot but is fed up with the "attitude" #4Murphy's Law with a vengence.

Charlie strikes me as a likeable guy who would like to be friends with the group here. I've had some good communications with him on the board and in the chat room. It's just that he's got this bug up his butt about his boat problem and he wants the whole world to hear about it. Trouble is WE'RE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT!!!

Good luck Charlie. I hope things work out for you.

Harpo

I think this thread has gone on long enough.

Please be reminded that everyone is subject to the posting guidelines. Post accordingly or you risk losing your ability to participate on this site.

Latest posts

Back