Fogging/Winterizing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PourSomeHenny

Reaction score
I just winterized my boat for the first time and I have a question about fogging. I watched a bunch of videos and talked to people at my local marine shop and they all told me not to worry if my motor doesn't stall out when fogging. Well when I was fogging my carbs today my motor didn't sputter or stall out. It just kept running like normal. It did start to smoke which I assume was a good thing. I didn't want to use the whole can so I just stopped and cut the motor off. Then I took out each plug and fogged each one. Do you think I'll be good for the winter or should I re-fog until it sputters or stalls out? One guy at the marine shop told me not to even fog the carb and to just do each plug. Just want to make sure I take care of it properly. Thanks for the feed back. Oh I guess I should tell you the motor I have. Its a Merc 150 XR6

You should be good. I agree with the guy at the marine shop that said just do each cylinder instead of fogging the running engine.

Most storage problems are fuel related.

Disclaimer, I'm an automotive tech, not a boat tech.

Thanks for the reply. I feel pretty good about it. Just wanted another opinion from others.

Latest posts

Back