Tracker Dealer's Absurd Service Policy...

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/d
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
This was posted on Walleye Central.... I hope someone from Tracker reads this and looks into it.... And, this may be why Tracker gets a black eye sometimes when it is not deserved....

ust at the Milwaukee boat show; looking at different boats incl Tracker. Tracker dealer at the show said that if I buy a Tracker from Bass Pro in Gurnee, IL, that he can and WILL refuse to do any warranty service work on it, even ordering parts. Accd to the Milw dealer, Tracker doesn't have some claus in its dealer agreement requiring all Tracker dealers to service Tracker boats bought elsewhere. Salesman bragged of the double service lists that this dealer runs; how they made people wait 8 weeks last summer to get boats repaired that people bought used or bought elsewhere. Salesman said they tell people that come in for service point blank that, "we don't care if it is under warranty, we don't care if it's a Mercury, a Lund, or a Tracker, if you didn't buy it here, get it out of here." I like the Tracker boats, but not if you can't get service work if you buy a used one or buy from some other dealer than your local dealer. Is this the policy with Tracker or is this dealer just making threats to bully the business in?

Now I have no idea if the premise of the post is true or not... But, I hope Tracker sees this, investigates it and COMMENTS...

http://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=printer_friendly&forum=6&topic_id=236819

Dealers like that need to be put OUT OF BUISNESS if it's true:unsure:

Regardless of if it is a Tracker policy to require all dealers that sell Trackers to service any of them (whether bought there or not), that Dealer has shown VERY poor business judgement and if I lived in that area, I for one would make sure that ANYONE I know never buys a boat for that idiot. He's shooting himself in the private parts loosing future business like that. Its great if at the moment he's loaded with service work and selling a lot of boats, but when the cycle turns down and he needs volume to make up his sales profit, he's in trouble.

Trep

Thats got ot be the dealer for sure and it sounds to me like he doesnt want to sell too many boats in the future. What he is doing is just bad business period.

My Nitro dealer is just the opposite. A friend of mine who bought a Nitro elsewhere took his in to Marine USA for service at my dealer and he was given excellent service, just like i get. Where do you think he is going to buy his next boat? Not from where he got his last one thats for sure... Service sells boats period. Great service will end up in repeat customers and new customers.

When the time comes for me to buy a new boat i know where im buying it. Not because they sell Nitro but because of the service.

ou have to wonder how this dealer will survive after Gander comes to his neighborhood with a Tracker Dealership and a service department... No longer the only fish in the sea could cause some loss of business....

Makes no sense. I'm no expert regarding boat sales but I did work in the automobile business for 10 years and I'm sure there are some similarities. In the car business competition forces a very low profit margin on each unit sold compared to other types of big ticket sales so car dealers depend heavily on parts and service to stay in the black. They sure don't care where you bought the car...they are more than happy to service it and sell you parts. I'm sure successful boat dealers operate on a similar business model.

This almost sounds like some new salesman or perhaps a sponsored team member that was trying to close a sale...very crudely I might add.

Harpo

He will put himself out of bussiness just like Mare did around here. It's been posted here a 100 million times or maybe more. Its all about the dealer. Thats why I have a Champion now. Not that it's a better boat than a Nitro, not that it's cheaper, safer or rides better. It's because the dealer had a great rep for service. This boat was not my first choice but the dealer changed my mind. Not my boat but on my bosses Champion that he bought somwhere else. They borrowed parts off of an unsold boat to get him back on the water for a club tournament? Thats how it should be.

BF

Latest posts

Back