Great Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Johnson

Reaction score
I am having a few "minor" issues with my 2012 Z6, so I decided to call the nearest dealer to discuss possible warranty coverage with their service manager.

1) Tires - I posted on here a while back about my Trail America tires being completely worn out after only towing about 500 miles on my 2012 Z6. Nitro agreed to replace with radials at no charge due to "known" issues with the Trail America tires.

2) Trim Gauge - Has not worked since I bought the boat new off the showroom floor. I don't use the gauge but who really wants a new boat that everything doesn't work correctly on. Nitro agreed to replace the trim sending unit at no charge (I have verified that the gauge is good and that it is the sending unit).

3) Steering - As most have probably read alot about the inadequate single cable rack and pinion steering on the Z6, I have struggled with the steering torque and feeling safe with this setup. I discussed the issue with the service manager at the dealer and he got Nitro to provide the hydraulic steering parts at no charge. I only have to pay for the Labor to install. I have wanted to upgrade to hydraulic steering but the cost is disheartening. Now, I am getting what I want at a fraction of the price. :)

I have been very impressed by the Service Manager at this dealer and with what Nitro is willing to do to make me an "even more" satisfied customer. I know some people have had some unfortunate experiences, but I thought they deserved their props from me. :cool:

Now I just have to give up the boat to take it in for service today.:( Good news is that I should have it back for the weekend! :D

Reactions: cq
Good to hear mate. my Z6 was exactly the same. Tires were junk and wore out after 500 miles, steering was ok but i added hydraulic later at my cost now it's perfect. trim sender failed after 6 months so i just bought a new one, they have a crapy seal and get moisture in them and fail. The new sender lasted 6 months and same failure, bought another one, packed the seal area with rubber grease and now it actually works. other than my tacho, my trim guage is the most important guage on my dash.

Have a look how your boat sits on the bunks, you may find that they are not exactly set up very well and lots of load is on the outer bunks, therefore into the hull and not enough load under the stronger keel area. Particularly where the front of the outer bunks pushes hard under the hull about under your driver and passenger seat, it actually deforms the hull if you eye sight it along the strakers.

Ditto, most only get negative comments. Let the world know who is Nice and not Naughty.

cq

I will give a full review with Dealer info when I get the boat back and have the entire experience. :D

I was able to pick up the boat yesterday and even though it has not been in the water yet, I am thoroughly impressed. Now that I have the boat back, I can give a full review of my dealer/warranty experience. The dealer told me a couple of days to do the work and it turned into being 2 weeks because of ordering some parts. I guess unfortunately through experience that you generally never get it back as planned in the beginning when it goes in for service. I called the dealer every 4 days or so and always had a pleasurable experience. The service manager was always kind and very informative about the situation. They worked to make sure the boat was back in my hands for next week since I have a fishing trip planned.
1) Tires: Replaced the Trail America tires with a new set of Karrier Load Star Radials. I can already tell that the boat pulls entirely different. There is much less flex in the radials and the boat does not bounce nearly as bad during trailering.
2) Trim Gauge: Replaced trim sending unit and all is well.
3) Hydraulic Steering: Nitro covered the parts under warranty and all I paid for was labor to install. A new hydraulic steering system for $336 was a good deal to me. Everything seems to be in good condition just checking it out in the garage and ensuring that there was no leaks. The real test will be next week when I have it on the water. I expect it to be like a Cadillac since I am used to the seriously inadequate single cable steering.
All in all I would rate my service experience very high. Everything worked and went as stated from my initial phone calls with the dealer. There was no hassle to get the work done and no hassle with warranty service coverage. If your in the North Alabama area and need some service, stop by and see Kim Wallace, Service Manager, at the Tracker Boating Center in Killen, Al. He has made me a very satisfied customer. :)

Latest posts

Back