Towing with my ranger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Stuart

Reaction score
I sometimes tow my PT175TXW with a 04 Ext cab Ranger with a 3.0 V6. I was thinking of up grading the exhaust with a cat back system. I was wondering if this would help with towing. I dont want it to sound like bees on crack at mid to high rpms. Has anyone had any expereance with this? :unsure:

Tim,

I've got a Dynomax turbo catback on my 4.0 with a K&N hypo air filter. I had the filter long before the catback. I didn't see much, if any difference after adding the catback, just alot more noise. I going today and try to upgrade to a 5.3L Chebby:D

Scott

Don't mess around with any mods on a something that small.

Upgrade like Scott and you'll much happier and safer;)

Thanks Guys. I love that 5.3. Dad has had one for awhile and can't say enough good about it. I had the 6.0 + (I beefed it up pretty well) in a '99 and there was no stopping it, except for gas! I used a 5.3 in a truck for work and travelled to Indiana from Maryland several times. I was able to get 23 mpg after getting out of the mountains on good days.

I'm sure this one won't know that my little old PT 165 is even hooked on the back!

Scott

Toxic,

I'm the same way. They look too much like a utility vehicle, but this one really caught my eye. I traded a black Ranger for this, so I turned a 180!

Scott

Latest posts

Back