2010 Chevy Silverado.. Break in before tow?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Buying a 2010 Chevy Silverado LS Ext Cab 4x4 with 4.8L V8.. Has about 10miles on it and I am supposed to do a tournament in NH this weekend (approx 2hour drive each way). I was wondering what everyone thought about towing my 17.5' Bass Tracker for that trip with a brand new truck.. Should I just not do it? Thanks all

Ideally, they generally want you to put about 200-500 miles on it before towing anything substantial. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to tow your Tracker with it. (Not a whole lot of tail weight for the combined pkg.) Just be gentle loading up the RPM's on the takeoff and highway speeds for the first couple hundred miles and you shouldn't have any worries. Good luck in the T! ;)

Agree 100% w/Dan,.......your truck won't even know the boat is back there!! Just remember to vary the speed occasionally....a couple hundred RPM's either way is ideal.

OH,...and THANK YOU for supporting GM!;) You're going to LOVE that ride!!

I pulled my 185 to Tennesee from Ohio with alil' over 500 miles on my GM with no issues.

It has 98,000 now;)

Thank all. I will just do it slowly.

And Your Welcome. GM is always were my money will go (as long as this truck treats me right). I was going to spend the extra cash for the 4 door or the 5.3L V8 but decided against it.

I hope the 4.8L V8 is plenty, it should be as even when we get the new boat (Nitro Z8 w/ 225) It should still have plenty of towing power. Thanks again all

Latest posts

Back