Tourny Saturday....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Gonna be colder than a well diggers ass Saturday and was wondering what some of your best "go to" baits would be for high pressure and cold weather.

Just curious.....;)

Senko, jig, or a slow rolled spinnerbait in the appropriate colors. Good luck!

Scott

twin tailed hula grubs...on a 1/4oz football jig....worked VEEERRYY sloooowww!!!;)

BTW...this lake has TONS of standing timber and is very deep if it makes a diff.

black and blue Outkast Jig w/ blue trailer 3/4 oz

5XD sexy shad strike king crankbait

btw...rainforest spro frog if its not that windy and somehow gets over 60 degrees??? Ish just won on the frog!

I haven't found one yet I could keep in the water at 110MPH....can't catch anything.

Mac's answer to every question:

What to use when it's cold:

twin tailed hula grubs...on a 1/4oz football jig....worked VEEERRYY sloooowww!!!

What to use when it's hot:

twin tailed hula grubs...on a 1/4oz football jig....worked VEEERRYY fast!!!

What to use when it's in-between:

twin tailed hula grubs...on a 1/4oz football jig....worked VEEERRYY Fast and VEEERRYY sloooowww!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

..the perfect crawfish imitator,......nuttin works better, 'cept maybe a real one!! :wub:

BTW Tox,...when it's HOT...I switch to a drop shot!! :p

Didn't know that it ever got 'hot' in Michigan!

Best question for Tee is - what is the water temp doing on the lake? It's a little early for the water to be very cold. Are you going to be having a 'bluebird sky'?

I'll go another route. Blue/chrome Rattle Trap (or similar) burned to the boat. I like the YoZuri Rattlin Vibe's myself. They are a bit heavier. I dress mine with a little 'red finger nail polish' around the gills. If there is grass around, be sure and tick the top of the grass.

We used them in SC in February and also in the fall, with great results.

Tex

Lake temps are high 60's and dropping BUT, Saturday is gonna be windy and cold.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I now have a plan but, early I will alternating between crank and spinner cuz I don;t think they will shut down. Fall fronts have been known to turn em' on even more.

We'll see...I have a few back up plans.

If the pressure is high and takes em' tight to cover.....look out cuz I'm comin' in after ya':lol:

what did ya threaux? twin tailed hula grubs...on a 1/4oz football jig....worked VEEERRYY sloooowww??? HAA!!!:lol::lol:

ugly.JPG

facing this for the tournament saturday is only proving that TOXIC may be onto something.....

I have NEVER seen the lake/rivers look this bad!

...and you think my BOAT is FUGLY!! :blink:

Mile roads here i come!!!...ahahahahhaah:eek::lol:

Well, considerin there won't be nuthin on the main lake I thought the canals and some 3-4lb big heads might get a check. What the heck are ya supposed to do when the lake (and rivers) look like that?:eek: Granted the roads look clear(er) but man o man that's n-a-s-t-y.

TOXIC

I have no idea what I'm going to do,....even the canals will be mucked up by this weekend!! LMB might be an option!!..LOL Jigs with RATTLES!!!

screw them largeheads....

I am thinking TNT!

Latest posts

Back