Tourney Finish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank Ken Neeley for his help. Now don't take it wrong that I didn't do as well as I had hoped because of Ken. He was extremely helpful.

My partner and I fished one of our classics on the Detroit River/Erie/St Clair this past weekend and finished in the top 30 of 104 teams. We had a two day total of 25 pounds with 44 pounds winning it. The winning team was able to make it to the St Clair river due to having a Walleye Boat (Come on Greg let's hear it for the walley boat people!). They were the only team to do this! We could never get on a good smallie bite and weighed in all large mouth. Fished everywhere we thought there should be smallies but.....

The big bass for the tourny was a little over 6 lbs (smallie). The wind changed all three days (practice day too). Boy what a body of water. Many guys that only fish this water usually do so only in the spring and were totally baffled so I didn't feel so bad. As it was, if we could have had three more pounds we would have cashed! As a side note there is an algae bloom going on, on Erie right now also making it tough.

We were fortunate though. Each day there were at least 5 boats that broke down with several having to be towed in. That water is not like the normal 500 to 1500 acre waters we are used to fishing.

Tight lines!

Randy!

Any T you can walk away from up there is a win in my book. ;) That's real water measured in miles, not acreage. Good job!! :D

Good job. You made it home alive....!

You said all that needed to be said about boats,,,:eek:

Try being female and peeing off the boat in that water!!! :D

Nice finish.

Latest posts

Back