Tournament Survey For Kentucky Rally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Rally Goers....

Scott has asked me to coordinate the formal fishing events.

For the Saturday Activity we have some options that I would like some feedback on for a final proposal.

Easy, first, for the hardcore, a traditional "mano v. mano" Bass Tournament... 4 or 5 fish per fisherman total weight and big fish... Any comments

Next, a kids tourney, the kids compete for any specie of fish... they gets points for their fish based on their fish vs. the Kentucky State record for that fish (example kid catches a 1 lb Crappie and teh State record is 2 lbs... that fish would be "50" points because it is 50% of the state record) any fish counts best two or three fish and also a "Big" fish based on the same criteria...

What ages for kids... up to what age 12-13-14-15-16-or what.. I'd like some input... I'd also like some input on the format... I'm looking at every entrant getting a certificate and the top two or three a trophy/ribbon something and maybe a prize for first and big fish..

Here's where I want some input... How about an adults "multi-specie" tournament set up the same way as the kids tourney... based only on one fish... That way all the bass fishermen would/could be in this one AND all the other adults could be in this one as well....

The host resort, The Moors, are providing a tournament scale so we will have a real weigh-in...

I'll need a few volunteers that day and Sunday to help with weigh-in and record keeping and handling the fish, etc.

I would like as much feedback as possible... the goal is fun with competition not competition whether its fun or not... We'll have some written rules so everybody knows the goals and how thigs will be run...

Greg/Scott---

Did the Moors let you know if you need to have a Permit for a formal "tournament" in Kentucky???

They're required in Michigan...

just something to think about...

az

Good question Andy.... I'll check with the Kentucky DNR folks...

Greg, It really doesn't matter to me. I do like the multi species based on the state record idea though.

Scott, Do you have a list of all the prizes to date and who has donated? We want to make sure everyone knows about them and they get recognition.

Okay... The State Issue was easy... less than 100 boats.. no permit needed. Maybe the next time we'll need that permit...!!!

Here are some good Links for Kentucky Fishing...

You can get licenses on line from the Kentucky DNR at

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/ All the rest of the links can be reached from there... But available under fishing are:

Fishing and boating guide

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/pdf/0203fbgd.pdf

Identifying Fish in Kentucky

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/pdf/kyfishid.pdf

And, the Kentucky State Fishing Records

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/98rcdfsh.htm

There are some amazing numbers there... 22lb Walleye

13+ lb Largemouth 50+ lb Carp 90-100 lb Catfish! 4 lb Crappie and Sunfish...

We are gonna have fun!

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/

Let's do 4 fish

Let's do 4 fish

one, two, three, four

one, two, three, four

But just in case, I'll start practicing

one, two, three, four, fffff..fffffffffff...ffffffiiifiiii

fffifiifiiiffffiiiiiiiiiiiVVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Neeley you are a sick man... sick!

Now for the real folks heres the info from Kentucky..

Crappie 10" 30 Daily

LMB and SMB 15" 6 Daily

So we may do 5 for the "Tournament" per person

Ken,....you just do the catchin'....you're good at that!!!

Let someone else do the cullin'!!!! LOL...that STILL haunts me!!...ahahahhahha

Mac

Here is my 2 pennies...

Bass Tourney

6 per person. You can cull in Kentucky right? If not then I am all for 5 per person....hope I have to worry about that!

Multi-Specie

This is a great idea...I just want to be sure I am reading your post right. You can enter the Bass and Multi-specie tourney both? So if my dad decides to fish for crappie and I am bass fishing out of the same boat we are cool? But what if he catches a toad bass on live bait? Or would the multi-specie tourney be luers only as well? Just some things to think about.

I can help with the weigh-in and all...gladly.

--Corey

Initial thoughts are that the Bass Tourney is artificial no trolling only.... The Kids and adults Multi-Specie is anything that's legal, hhok and line, no nets and dynamite!! BTW, the Kentucky record for Perch is only 1 lb... you could have broken that! We should have weighed that one!

Ken, just make sure you fish with Scott and you won't have to worry about culling or even counting any.LOL

5 FISH LIMIT.

MULTI SPECIES GREAT.

KIDS AS LONG AS THEY ALL WIN !

Ken NO DR.PHIL ! I can tell by your post that you've been watching Jenny Jones.Get a grip man....

Buzz, Scott will be fishing in the kids tourney! He's also in charge of catching.....bait. I would like to see Greg and Neeley teamed up. With Greg using graphs on Demo mode and Neeley's patented culling system...they're shoe in! LOL I'm gonna pay every one that called me pinkie or any other name back one at a time! LOL

And Greg, e-mail me your address again, so I can send out a few yozuri minnows for the kids. What's the best color out there? Perch? silver/blue back?

My thoughts.....

1.) We have the Big Bass pool that has already been announced. Anyone wishing to participate kicks $5 into the kitty. Winner takes all. Do it twice; Saturday and Sunday.

2.) Greg's multi-speices idea is GREAT!! But I would suggest that we keep it for anyone - children or adults - who DOES NOT participate in the regular bass tournament.

3.) Regular Bass Tournament for most of us. 5 bass limit; can be largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, etc. Highest total weight wins. Penalties for dead or small fish. NO multi-speices tournament for this group.

4.) Keep It Simple!

me!

Don't forget the Lake Fork Mini-Rally/Crawfish Boil/Fish Fry/TX vs. OU fighting/Beer Swilling event is the same weekend.

Ya'll wanna have an intra-state big bass pot as well???

Latest posts

Back