Torn

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Etheridge

Reaction score
Ok Guys I know this has probably been asked a million times but I am looking at the following two boats and want some help deciding on which one to get. This will be mainly for 2-3 people and will just be fishing local lakes thanks for the help. Nitro Z7 or Tracker PT190 Tx TIA!!!!!!

Well theres going to be pros and cons to both, both are good platforms. Nobody here can tell you which one you buy, only you know your budget, tow vehicle, etc. Hopefully we can all arm you with some information to make your decision easier.

The z7 will give you more room, more storage and will be much more stable on the water. On the flipside it will cost you more in fuel both on the water and while in tow. The z7 is no flyweight so think about what you will be towing it with as well.

I went thru the same thought process when i bought back in 2008. Since i dont really fish tournaments any more i thought heavily about downsizing to a PT190 since for what im doing it would be just fine. At the end of the day i ended up with a Z7 for a couple of reasons. The first being the stability while fishing, the 190 is in my opinion very tippy and since i dont have the greatest balance in the world that played a huge factor. Room was the other one, the Z7 has a lot more deck space and a lot more storage for stuff. Those two things were deciding factors for me.

I too looked at both models before buying. I happen to find a 1 year old DEMO Z7 at a local dealer. Have never regretted going with the bigger more stable Z7 platform.

Good luck

Randy

If money is not an object,and you have a tow vehicle that will pull,and heavy enough to stop a z7 when trailoring,I think you will be dissappointed with the aluminum boat,get you a z7 with a 150 proxs,you will be glad you did.

Latest posts

Back