Tin vs. Glass

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Moore

Reaction score
First of all I would like to congratulate Rich on keeping the integrity of the site at the level that he started. I don't get to post a lot these days, but do read with interest the informative fishing and equipment upgrades that have always been a benchmark of this site.

All of us "OLD" members remember when it was sometimes hours before you got a reply to a message on the board, now it's one of the most active sites that I visit.

With the growth comes pains.

The preference of Tin or Glass is as pure as Ford or Chevy, Beef or Pork, Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, or my marbles or yours.

We all get emotional about our STUFF. Doesn't make My old TV-18 any better than Pierre's souped-up, high speed 100 mph, bass Chasin' glass picture of beauty. But I think mine is better, for me. It's not that I don't think you glass boys are the cat's meow, I just am not in the same litter, YET.

When we all sit down in the recliner on Sunday night, we look back on the same things, a good day on the water with a respected partner, a warm home to come home to, and the anticipation of that next trip out......

Bruce,

Well said! I know I post alot for tin, but it is all in good fun and I hope everyone realizes it. To me, the best boat in the world is my ProAngler, the second best is my 14' jon. In 5-10 years, my new boat, glass, tin, or fibertin, will be the best. Feel free to disagree...

Of course, I would be more than happy to go out in any of your boats!

Rich D

I agree with rich....I think most of the razzin' goin' back and forth is purely in jest......We're ALL passionate about our boats whether they're 'glass or Tin and we all have our reasons for owning the one we do. Heck, even though my current 901 is perfect for what and where i fish...I could still fish any of those lakes and rivers with a TV-18 or an Avalanche...or even a TX-17 on a nice day. It's purely a matter of preference with a few safety issues thrown in....such as wanting a 200hp on BIG water so I can get in FAST if necessary. If I didn't tournament fish and all I did was casual pleasure fishing with family and friends...there's no doubt I'd probably have a smaller aluminum boat....I like them BOTH....and they BOTH have their faults and advantages...it boils down to what you want and NEED at the time...and of course affordability is a MAJOR factor. As Rich said,..I'd be happy to go fishin' with anybody at anytime.,...your boat or mine..it doesn't matter!! I've owned BOTH and I like BOTH...so rest assured Bruce,...I really don't think anybody's getting personal with their jabs....but you're more than welcome to join "our" litter anytime you want!!...LOL...we'll make room!

Best,

Mac

WOW...I spoke too soon...LOL...I went back and re-read a few of those past posts......there are a few JABS in there that are getting edgy!!! I guess in my case,.."ignorance is bliss"...ahhahhha,...I haven't had time lately to read every post on every subject,..and in this case,..i guess I spoke too soon....ohwell,..I think I'll just go back to work and check in every now and then and TRY to keep more abreast of what's goin' on in here....it's safer that way!! ahahahaahhah....now would EVERYBODY just have a Marlboro and a cup of Coffee and REEELLLAAX!!!!...LOL!!

Mac

I've told you before Mac Caffen and Nicotine will NOT help anyone RELAX!!!

hahaha....well i don't smoke cigarettes anyway so it doesn't matter,...just quoting my buddy Mini!!!..LOL

Well said. Honestly there are times I see this little old man in the bay in his 14' v-hull with a 10hp fishing for crappie and think to myself, "he's got it made. Boat runs, he's having a blast, fish are biting, no repairs, no tourney pressure, no nasty clients, no payments, just fishing". Some times I wish I could go back to that 14' Grumman with the 7.5 merc that started it all. I had so much fun in that boat. Hindsight.....20/20 right!

Rob - Your WISH is my command. I'll be by tonite to pick up the old Nitro and will be dropping off a 14ft john boat with a 7.5 merc on a galvanized trailer! Just get out of my way when I can BLASTING thru!!! HAAAAA

i also didn't get the full story....I went in there and tried to be technical......shoul've read the whole posts.

Pierre

Somewhat climbing up on my soapbox . . .

A little ribbing generally is acceptable. However, we all have opinions, and sometimes they get the best of us. I've been off the board for most of this, so didn't read some of the posts till today.

Some were in fact 'jabs' at one another. Others seemed to be pretty much like getting a stick in the eye. Notice, I'm not indicating which ones or by whom.

There are pro's and con's to every position.

My suggestion is to treat this board, much like most of us should treat sending a flaming email. If it has the ability of offending someone, or the possiblity of coming back and biting us (you know where), then it probably shouldn't be sent and/or posted.

In short, if you feel the need to get up on a soapbox, then identify as such. Otherwise, we all need to tone it down a little bit. Strong opinions (regardless of who they may be from), generally ilicit strong reactions. Gentle ribbing, generally ilicit's the same response - gentle ribbing.

My .02 cents worth.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.

Tex

Don't spend so much time and effort addressing the minority, if someone gets out of line, quitely turn our collective backs to their posts and everything will settle down. It takes two to tango. A one sided jab is harmless.

TOXIC (don't make me get out the lighter)

Latest posts

Back