new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy durda

Reaction score
Today I sold my 2005 Targa 18. If anyone remembers I had Issues with Tracker over a cracked keel weld. Tracker took it back to the factory and fixed the weld. I was out of the water from August 2009 and recieved the boat back in Febuary 2010. I missed some very good fishing and learned some very important leasons along the way. This has been my 3rd tracker product and the only one to hold up was my old 16 footer with a 9.9hp. Sorry I sold that boat. I knew that when the boat came back from the factory I would have a hard time trusting its integrity. I was 18 miles out on Lake Erie when it was taking on water fast. Good thing it was a calm day. I researched Tracker products and was sickened to find out I was not the only one with problems. From the internet to sales people to professional fishermen all I heard was the same story. Tracker boats didn't hold up. Mostly broken welds. Also noticed that the only place to buy a new tracker boat is from Bass Pro Shops. The Wal-Mart of the fishing industry. So I decided to cut my losses. Take a hit on the boat I barely used and sell and buy new again. I only have so much time in my life and I can not waste anymore time waiting for Tracker or anyone else to help after they took my money. I also have 4 children that enjoy fishing but I need to bring them back safely. Not worry if we are going to sink and scare the hell out of them. So after a winter of worry Tracker help in my decission. I looked, talked, and read everything I could to make my next boat a wise choice. I purchased a new Starcraft 196 Fishmaster. Has a lifetime warrenty and the company had a show and I maybe trading fishing trips with the factory rep..Great People they understand weekend fishermen. Guys don't get me wrong no offense to anyone on this site. You have all been a great support site and a great bunch of fisherpeople. It does hurt after beening a diehard Tracker owner for over 16 years to have such a bad feeling about Tracker boats. And so wrong about them and the company. I do look forward to my new boat and I will be out there watching that sunrise on the water with each and every one of you. Good luck fishing.

Stick around... And, congrats on your new boat... Too bad that some still don't get that customer service is THE best sales tool...

I agree with Greg...hang around. The advice these great anglers and sponsors give has saved me time and money. From product suggestions to simple fixes on my 882, all very helpful. But I dont agree with BPS being the WalMart of the fishing industry. Every BPS I've been in from Las Vegas,NV to Hampton,VA has been top notch from the salesman to the cashier. Now if they would just build one here in WV, prefferably in the Charleston area if anyone is listening. Good luck with your new boat.

Eric

MAN, I just read your post and I feel your pain. Out of commission that long then nearly putting her in the drink with the family. I can see how one would develop some negativity. Hope the new boat works out well for you. As a teenager in PA my buddies dad had a center console Starcraft. I don't recall which model, but I spent a lot of time in it and I thought it was an awesome boat. Hope you have the same experience!! By the way, you say you fish Lake Erie, where from?

I fish where ever the fish are but mostly from Fairport harbor to Conneaut harbor.

I sure miss Walleyes and steelheads in the Erie area. Spent a lot of college time around there. In the west now chasing whatever big fish I can find.

I could bore you with some issues I had but, I won't:(

Never have understood Trackers stance on real issues and why you have to FIGHT to get them corrected. Thought I was gonna have to thump somebody before mine was resolved!

Latest posts

Back