The Streets Will Never Be the Same

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Took my son, Andy, for his driver license test this morning and darned if he didn't pass first time. The examiner said it was the best job of parall parking he ever saw. He must have been new. Anyway check out his new car. He saved up almost all the money for it. He bought it from the owner of the company he's been working for. It's an 83 Mercedes diesel the guy bought it brand new. Andy gave $3500 for it. Not a bad first car. I know it will be expensive to work on but Andy's knows he pays for all the repairs and it's about the safest car he could be in.

Harpo

This is his first solo.

Andysfirstsolo.jpg

Got to love a Mercedes! He can buy mine when I am done with it. Congrats on the wheels!

Great Job Dad! And with that Benz you know he's behind a LOT of STEEL and safety cage!!!

Tell Andy I said that his mercedes is way cooler than the station wagon that he wanted.

Wolf

NICE first car, Andy!!:). Way better than my 69 Dodge Dart I had at 16 yrs. old:(!

Tom

Congrats! I still have 3 more years to worry about that :unsure:

At least he's going first class...Harpo he will be just fine..Remember how It was with us the first time????? I will never forget my first car a 52 chevy I was 14 and dad told me to never get caught..HA HA HA :D Then I got a new 62 Vette for graduation...Of course I went In the Army In 63 He sold It....It was sweet..At least the tickets were cheaper then...Bwhahahaahahah... Tell him Congrats this Is one of the most memorable times In his life.......JR :p:p:p:p P.S. Tires were cheaper also...........:rolleyes:

Congratulations, Andy!

That car is gorgeous!

Is this where I would use the "Bling!" terminology?? :p

Does it have a hitch? And what is its towing capacity?

david.....

As a matter of fact, it does have a hitch. He bought it from the owner of the RV dealership he works for. I guess he used the car to tow Pop-Up campers or something. I told Andy to get under there and take that thing off, but he has'nt done it. He said something about towing the boat with it:eek:. I may resign myself to letting him drive but I'm not sure I'm ready to see him towing my boat off to the lake.

BTW, after work yesterday he went crusing around town to his friends houses to show off. We are only allowing him to have one other kid in the car at a time so he would have to leave one behind while he gave the other one a ride. All went well, he called us from time to time to let us know all was well and got home exactly on time.

Harpo

Way to go Harpo! Your boy has a great ride and good head on his shoulders. You earned the pride he gives you!!

Latest posts

Back