The real Bill Hamilton Invitational

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
By edict of the Grand Poobah, the 2006 Bill Hamilton Invitational will be held November 18,

2006 on the Hot Side of Lake Anna.. It seems to be the day that most, if not all, can attend, and Bruce said he'd give me a ride.:rolleyes:

The plan as of right now is to fish until late afternoon and then cook out at Bill's house.

Uncle Billy, A.K.A., The Grand Poobah, is looking to hitch a ride with Bruce F. so all seems well with the world. I am not sure of a starting time yet and am leaving that up to Bill as he will know best.

So, we need to know who's coming and what we can bring. I'm for sure ready to see all of you again and more than ready to wet a line.

So, unless there are objections, I will bring the same barbecue as I did last year. Well, the same kind, not the same...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Uncle Billy

Bill - Just make sure Bruce has had his rabi's shot first, he seems to have something about biting fisherman lately!!! LOL "Mr Trepper don't take this the wrong way but...... Bite ME............."

BBWWAAAA

Im on the way, No wait, it'll only take me an hour to get there better wait a minute or two ! LOL

Anyway, for who ever is doing the "Partnering", is that a word; I'll have to be a back seater, the Avalanche is done for the winter. BUT, Rest assured if I'm lucky enough to get to go with "Hutch" I'lll bring the lunches ! He knows what I mean !

Ken you are more than welcome anytime after I get my drop shot CD LOL...:D but I can't make Nov. 18 :( the in laws are moving that day and I have been TOLD I will help

Hutch-

We've all heard this before- BUT

Its in the mail!

Uncle Billy - Most were out fishing - Gunny / Carlos / Hutch / Toxic. All had a good day and each put in over 20 fish in each boat. Gunny just came of the Lake about 5 minutes ago. As far as I know I have a back seat open.

Sorry guys, can't make the 18th. Other obligations prevent my appearance on that date this year. :(:(:(

You guys have a good time and catch lots of fish!!

Dang we have to wait a whole year???????????

"2006 Bill Hamilton Invitational will be held November 18,

2007 on the Hot Side of Lake Anna"

BF

Can you fire the Grand Poobah or does he have to be voted off the lake...........:lol:

Guess I won't need to stop and pick him up now?

BF

Bruce - You have a whole year to determine if you want to! LOL You can't fire him until his term is up on December 31st. Kinda like the President! Ha ha

Let's not get touchy about this.....Those that can make it will, those that can't won't. Peoples plans change. I wish I could but I can't next weekend. We had a nice rally yesterday....Hutch, myself, Carlos, Gunny, and backseaters. Don't make this complicated. If nobody can come the 18th, that doesn't mean you can't go anyway!! Sheesh!!

Thank you again Bill for access.

TOXIC

Well! - I am avaliable for more than ONE Invitational. We can have as many as you want. We can still do the 18th for those that can make it and any of the other dates that are still open. The Friday, Saturday or Sunday after Turkey Day are good for me also. The only Saturday or Sunday I can't make is the 2nd or 3rd of December. All other dates are good for me. So, if anyone is up for two invitationals, pipe up!

Let's not get into a urinary olympics (pi$$ing contest) about the dates.

Good greif what happend sorry I ever said anything Just a idea had no idea it would come this

have fun on the 18th just want to meet some of you No big deal Sorry Uncle Billy I was not trying to offen you in any way I'm sorry to all for the mix up.

Hutch

Hutch - No mix up. I would like to have it two different days so ALL the people who want to fish can do so. For those who can't make it on the 18th, please let me know which date is good for you.

Thanks,

Bill in VA

Uncle Billy......you seem to be the only one getting P'O'ed?????? Settle and go fish!! Have a good time....those that can make it will. The only one you seem to be getting worked up is you!! Nobody is upset, there are just some that can't come the 18th is all.

Once again, go fish and have fun with those who can make it. We will catch up to you later.

TOXIC

Hey all - I'm the last one to ask for anyone to hold a date up for me, so you guys go have fun on the 18th. I'll be thinking of you (really!) and with only good thoughts. As for other dates, I know I'm good the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm also good 12/2-3 and probably 12/9/10 & 12/16/17 as well. Weekend after that is the one right before Christmas, which is definitely reserved for family.

If folks want to try another get together on any of those dates, give me a holler as I'm always up for fishing when scheduling permits!! And a HUGE thanks from me to Bill in VA for all his generosity in allowing access.

Mr Jim C. Don't you have a motorcycle to ride or something? I don't remember asking for any tin cans to Mr Hamiltons event anyway............(please laugh now) The last thing I wanted when I started the first post was urinary olympics (Sorry I think thats funny) Mr Hamilton has been more than gracious with the access to his home and his lake. I would like to thank him for the times I have been there. Most of us would have never have met if it was not for this site and I would like to Thank Mr. Stern for that also. I understand most of the coments are ment in jest and some people took them the wrong way, but if I started any trouble here then I am sorry.

Take care

Bruce

P.S Mr Trepper, fishing on a nice day while I am stuck at work....... did you catch anything?

OK you guys. I'm going to bed now but will look at everyone's schedule tomorow and post an additional date that we can all get together for. We don't even have to JUST have a second but and third, fourth, fifth and so on. We have a long fall and winter ahead of us. LOL

Ha ha Bruce F.!! I am laughing, especially since I sold my last remaining motorcycle this past fall. No more riding for me for now. Too much FISHING to do. Well, except today. Looked at the Lake this afternoon and after all the rain fell, the wind picked up. Definitely not a good day to be out on the water with all those white caps!!

I myself am available this weekend, Ohio state/Michigan or not, thats what TIVO is for ! Im still OK for DEC 2,3 and DEC 16,17 and probably DEC 30,31.

Whatever is fine with me !

Uncle Billy no harm done !!!! just a miss understanding there is no need to stay away from the board go fish and have a blast from one Paratrooper to another keep your feet and knees together do a good PLF and get up fishing :D

VA Bill,

Which is the closest city to you, via Amtrak

VA

Alexandria, VA

ALX

Ashland, VA

ASD

Charlottesville, VA

CVS

Clifton Forge, VA

CLF

Culpeper, VA

CLP

Danville, VA

DAN

Franconia-Springfield, VA

FRS

Fredericksburg, VA

FBG

Lorton - Auto Train only, VA

Auto Train Only LOR

Lynchburg, VA

LYH

Manassas, VA

MSS

Newport News, VA

NPN

Norfolk, VA

NFK

Petersburg, VA

PTB

Quantico, VA

QAN

Richmond - Main Street Station, VA

RVM

Richmond, VA

RVR

Staunton, VA

STA

Virginia Beach, VA

VAB

Williamsburg, VA

WBG

Woodbridge, VA

WDB

CJL - Nice research - Closest is Quantico and you can hook up with Carlos. He can lead the way.

For those that can't make the Invitational on the 18th (this coming Saturday), please let me know how the 9th or 16th of December looks for you. For those of you who make the 18th please don't be shy but join us for the second Invitational once we set the date. I am open to either date. Let me know.

The 16th is good for me if anyone likes wild game I have some bear chops and sauage left I can bring so you all can try it.

Go read your emails about the upcoming Saturday (18th) get together and the one on the 9th or 16th.

PS - I think that CJL is bustin' our chops. Why would they let a Ranger boat on Amtrak, let alone some guy dressed in all that Ranger signature clothing. LOL

Nope not bustin chops, I got the email invite from Bill in VA and considered maybe taking a train down and going as a rider if there is a seat open, but my 5 year old has a pretty bad chest cold and the wife is not feeling to good so I think going to VA this weekend would be not a good idea, would love to fish & meet you guys and fish in VA, but I think I need to plan earlier then this, hopefully I get another invite and can get down there one day to fish the "Hot-Side".

Thanks for the offer to pick me up at the train stop.

PS: I don't own a single article of Ranger gear, can't afford it, LOL, unless I can get them used like my Ranger :lol:

CJL - Wow! I really thought you were playing a Jersey shuffle on us. It would be great to have you come and meet everyone. We may be on for the 9th or 16th so hopefully your little one and the Missus will be feeling better.

Heck, I'd even come and pick you up a the train station as long as you weren't wearing all that Ranger gear. LOL

Will let you know about additional dates as they firm up.

So, trying to get back on track here, I checked Accuweather.com this evening. Forecast for Bumpass on Saturday is 57 degrees, winds out of the NW at only 4mph and partly sunny! Okay, I'm changing plans and will show up!! :D:D

Seriously, my Saturday obligation was postponed, so I really will be able to make it out. Sent this out to Bill in VA, C, Tox and the others by e-mail so I'm looking forward to seeing folks on the water. What time is the official meet at Bill's? I figure I'll meet you guys at the docks near his launch about fifteen minutes or so after the meet time.

Jim - We are meeting at my house at 0645 and should be at the launch facility at 0700 or earlier. Glad things got postponed so you can join the crowd. Weather looks to be near perfect but layer up for the morning chill. Low around 36 degrees which is tough when you come out of a nice warm bed.

Anybody want a wake up call when I leave the house at 3:00am???????????????

BF

Latest posts

Back