Turn the Page

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
One of my favorites has now come back to life:

On a long and lonesome highway east of Omaha

You can listen to the engine, moanin' out its one note song

You can think about the woman, or the girl you knew the night before

But your thoughts will soon be wandering the way they always do

When you're riding sixteen hours and there's nothing much to do

And you don't feel much like ridin', you just wish the trip was through

Here I am, on the road again

There I am, up on stage

Here I go, playing the star again

There I go, turn the page

Verse 2

You walk into a restaurant, strung out from the road

And you feel the eyes upon you, as you're shaking off the cold

You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode

Most times you cant hear 'em talk, other times you can

All the same old cliches is that a woman or a man

And you always seem outnumbered, you dont dare make a stand

Out there in the spotlight, you're a million miles away

Every ounce of energy you try to give away

As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play . . .

Verse 3

Later in evening, as you lie awake in bed

With the echoes from the amplifiers ringin' in your head

You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said . . .

Now that I have you all hummin that song for the rest of the day:lol: I just got done doing some sole searching and decided to "Turn the Page" in my life. Normally I wouldn't air this type of thing on the net but this site is like my second......OK, maybe third family.:lol: I'm an uber conservative type of person and this is a major leap for me. A little history: Most here know what I do for my day job in addition to the guide service, and I've been doing it for 24 years. I have a great supportive wife and 2 children whom I love dearly. I have been here in the DC area for 15+ years and it's been pretty cush to put it bluntly. Recently, I have been "on the road again" (see above:lol: ) and stepped into the limelight by doing so. Well, I have been offered and I have accepted, a position in Jacksonville, Florida heading up a division in a new office and while it is a major promotion (you know it had to be to get me out of my cushy DC gig!!), I am not moving the family.:huh: The wife and I had a long discussion about it and we feel it's best to keep my daughters world as stable as possible right now. Soooooo, it's off to Florida for me in the near future and I will get to maintain 2 residences!! The job I took will keep me on the road 99% of the time so living in Florida will be somewhat of a non-issue. I'll probably get home more than I am now!!:lol: The upside is I'll get to learn the finer side of saltwater fishing and will be very close to the Intercoastal and the St Johns river. Maybe I'll snag some of those monster Florida strain bass!! Y'All get ready to get some calls from me wanting to get out!! Trep, Big Dan, and anybody else down South, keep a seat open!! I'm sure the MVM will be visiting me once the northland freezes!!:p

TOXIC

Conrats Tox in all your endeavors dude!:cool:

Keep us posted.;)

Oh and BTW....I like Metallica's version also:cool:

I guess traveling is for some people but not for me. I think what is most important is family and being together as much as you can. Life is to short. Jobs come and go but family is for life. Maybe that is the Scott-Irish coming out in me.

Congrats!

Good for you Tox! Better get a place with a few spare bedrooms :)

I know some folks down there that can get your learning curve shortened on the Salt and the Florida strains....get ready for EXTREME cold fronts....lol. Those bass all but die when the temps dip more than 15-20 degrees...but on the other side of the coin, you will be in Senko heaven!

Best of luck my friend!

Mini, as it stands right now I have a large house that my old neighbor doesn't even stay in. He is pretty much living with his GF in her beach house. Yeah, I think I've got rooms!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Congrat's Scott. I hope all goes well in the new opportunity.

Gene

Very cool...(even though I already knew!!..LOL)..glad you did ACCEPT it!

BTW,..You're buying ALL the Jack from now on!!:p

Mac

God Bless you and the family in this new chapter of life you are starting! JAX is an awesome area for fishing and life in general. (Doctor's Lake has it all!! Lgmth/redfish, etc.) There'll always be a seat available for you in any rig I'm in. ;) You can take that to the bank! :lol::p:D

Congrats on starting a new 'page'

The only problem living there is that you will need three boats, a bass boat, a flats boat for inshore, and a larger center console for offshore.:D

Awesome...good luck with everything Tox. I am sure that was a tough decision to make. I have only fished in Florida a handful of times but got my personal best LM (8lbs) on one of those trips and had a blast every time!

Hey Tox, whats the GF look like? lol

And you dont have to quote all the lyrics to us Michiganders....he is a home grown boy. We all know it by heart.

Tox - Great news on the job, just make sure you and the family keep close contact, if you don't already Skype video conferencing is FREE computer to computer, we used it twice a day when I was in Shanghai and the family was back home.

You make it up this far north from Jacksonville, just come on over, got the room and a seat in the boat anytime!

toxic,

the redfish get huge on the east coast of florida, and even bigger in the st johns river.

mike c

congrats, nows the time to sell the nitro and get a saltwater boat.

Good for you Scott. My question is who has to wear the skirt at the Bill Hamilton Almost Memorial this year? Do they make a plaid skirt in Uncle Billy's size.....LOL

BF

I'm still on the hook...yuk, yuk, for the Bass Pro gigs. As a matter of fact, I got emailed today that they are giving away a guide trip with me on Sunday night...Lord only knows when I'll be able to do it!! Come Hell or high water, I'll be there for the MVM!! Gotta say that is one of the high points of my year!! And as for the BHAMT.....I put the skirt up because you guys were gettin too frisky!! I saw the way you looked at my butt!!:lol::lol: I'm driving to Wisconsin with just me and my daughter this year, my wife is flying to KC for her class reunion and I'll pick her up in Appleton on Sunday of next week. Good bonding time for me and her. Since I will be on the road all of the time, I'm not kidding about getting out with some of you. Problem is that all of my "engagements" are always over the weekends...always. There may be something I can work out though. I've got the boat all packed up and I'm heading to the lake waaaay before first light tomorrow, I need to get my head on straight and I don't know of any better way to do it. I almost feel guilty because the economy is in the crapper for so many people but that is the way my line of work goes. I never thought I would see this again (from the mid 80's) in my career but I've got one more go-around in me because this ain't my first rodeo!!

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'll keep you all posted. And for those select few, I'll still call them at 5:45am before they can have their first cup of coffee or their morning sit-down.....Right Mac?:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Tox,

You still going to be in Wisoonsin this month? Stay in touch if you are...

And, Congrats on the new gig...

Tox - Depends on the project but if you get up this way again while i'm in the country, we'll hit the lake during the week! This lake will HUMBLE you (Allatoona, AKA the Dead Sea!). Anything we can do to help, just let me know!

Trep

Congrats and Good Luck!

Wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then

Congrats Scott,

That sounds like a good deal.. I hope you enjoy some great fishing in FL.

Mark

Any time Sue:wub:

My travel is really up in the air right now, looks like I stepped in the middle of a tornado!! They want me out in California (for an operation), Florida (to interview and hire my staff), Dallas (to rountable procedures) and DC (to help train someone to do my old job and go on detail to another division) next week:eek: No matter how you look at it I'm gonna PO somebody. Typical Gooberment planning. I still plan on being in WI for the family vacation leaving VA on the 24th and returning on the 1st. At first I wasn't going to take the boat but my daughter threw a fit and since she is right inbetween her 2 cousins ages, she gets left out of a lot of what they do. I promised her that I would teach her how to throw a baitcaster and she can't wait to use the rod that Mac did the handle for her (cost me one of my best rod/reels:lol: ). Everything is subject to change though and I mean everything.

TOXIC

Tox,

Stay in touch (you have my cell# or I'll email it) and we can work out at least a day on Winneconne again...

Will do Greg. I'll be taking my laptop and crackberry (attached to both of them at the hip now). I should know more tomorrow, I'm off but I'm sure the emails will be flying!!

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back