Hi All from the MIA Member

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!!

I just wanted to stop by to say hello to everyone and also to apologize for not hanging around. I hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and well even though I rightly know some of us aren't very well and are just struggling along:(

I haven't been able to fish at all though Jim C. and Carlos have offered trips but I'm a big sissy these days and want to wait for warmer weather:eek: I've gone through all of my gear any number of times to make sure it was ready even though I would like to get up to the Baltimore B.P.S. to pick up a couple or three new Spinning Reels. I already have some nice ones but I've always liked matched ones so no matter which one I picked up it would be the same or 'almost' the same as what I was previously throwing. Also, Scott (Toxic) was trying to get me to use Baitcasters and told me to pick up a couple of good reels & rods and then "practice, practice, practice", which I didn't want to do but as I had a nice creek across the street from me and a swimming pool in my back yard I decided to listen to what he said to do and 'practice, practice, practice'.. I bought a few Curado's and a couple of Curado Scorpion's from Japan and practiced all the time until I just couldn't do it any more. Jim C. will tell you that at one of our Lake Anna fishing trips I did manage to hook a really nice bass on a Kistler Rod that I had placed a brand new Pflueger President on. I said to myself OHBOY, a decent one, just as he gave us a surprising leap into the air and threw the hook. I had forgotten to adjust the drag on that set-up and while fumbling around trying to do it with the fish on, I lost him/her?

With my spinning gear it would have been automatic but I was not familiar with the baitcaster and lost the darn fish:angry: Jim can testify to this..though I wish nobody at all had seen it:)

Jim from VA: I hear you haven't been well for awhile? I'm so darn sorry to hear that:(

If I could drive that far I would surely like to be able to get down there to visit with you Martie & Rudy!:D I consider you guys to be two of the best people I have ever met in a long, long time! And for a terrier, Rudy's a pretty good pup too:D I wish you all the best and hope to see you sometime soon..

Uncle Billy

Good to hear from you old man..HA Come on out here to Indiana and I will teach you how to hide from the snow In a leather recliner or buy new cars over the phone..Glad your better Billy...JR

Hello Uncle Billy!!!!!!!! Good to have you back!!!! Hope you and Aunt Nancy are well.

Bubby:)

Unca Billy - Good to hear from you. Rudy misses you! As soon as I get better we will set up the not-so but almost Memorial Invitational and fish the hot sife again. Glad you like the President's. I have 11 of them and one new one to spool. My favorite. Keep in touch

Unc - great to see you posting. We'll get that fishing trip when the weather gets warm, even if I have to haul my boat up to you! And when we get you down to Lake Anna, maybe we can convince Bill to show us one of his secret fishing spots!

Welcome back Unk.....its always warm in FL but I stink at catching these Southern Bucketmouthes!! Hopefully that will change here soon.

TOXIC

You stink period Tox :)

Welcome back Unk!

Welcome back Uncle Billy. Its hard to stay away from here.

Latest posts

Back