• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tempest Plus 23

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Favors

Reaction score
I just added a jackplate to my boat and had to move up in props. So I have a Tempest Plus 23, for sale asking $300 or make me an offer. I will email pics if needed.

I kept the plugs so you will need plugs for it and hub kit.

Hey Gunny...not to hijack your thread but I just added a 8" plate to my Z-7 and currently running a 23 Tempest. Wondering if I'll have to do the same and haven't did a test run yet. What was the reason for changing props?

Main reason was my RPM's went from 5600 or 5800 to 6400! Water pressure stayed good but adding the plate lifted the motor aboutr 3 inches and the RPM's went through the roof! What motor are you running though? If you have an Opti Pop you might not need to, I have the XR6 and I turning alot more then 150 hp at the prop, she pushing around 161 hp on the dyno maching. The Optimaxs won't have that much horse power.

With just me in the boat I could actually run a 25 now, but normally I have someone in the boat with me.

Latest posts

Back