Targa 17 SC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Hensley

Reaction score
Have any of ya'll got one and if so can you give me any info on how they fish and ride. I'm thinking of trading up and I've been looking at the new 04 Targas and I like the room for the famly. I do alot of trolling for truot and muskie but I also like to bass fish. Just like to know how they fish.0

I had a Targa 18 w/walk thru windshield. I really liked it. Great family boat. Handled well in 'larger' water. With the 90hp merc on it, I could get 37-38 mph on the gps.

Tex

I had a 2000 Targa V17 with the walkthrough windshield and never had any problems with the boat other then the T-Nuts (also known here as jacknuts) on the trolling motor kept falling apart unitil I put in 1/2' ruber grommets.

Caught lots of fish but didn't like the front deck, not enough room for me, I bass fish. If you are using it for trolling and riding people this boat would make you very happy. The 60ph merc with 4 adults road, fished very nice and you couldn't get wet unless you tried and it ran it 24mph gps.

I sold it 2 years ago and they guy that has it parks next to me on the boat slip and the only thing I have noticed thats has changed is the dash has fadded. He keeps it in the water uncovered from May - Sep.

Cass :)

I have a 2002 Targa 17 SC with a 75 hp and love it. Will do 37 mph with two adults and low 30's with four adults and a child. I like the taller gunnels to keep my 6 year old in the boat (and my mother-in-law too, I guess!). Nice smooth, dry ride and handles big, open water very well. Looked at Alumacraft and Lowe but thought the Targa was the best value for my dollar. I like the way it looks too! The fold-away tongue on the trailer is great for storing the boat in a garage. I use mine for fishing all species; from crappie fishing in the timber to trolling the open flats for walleye. Mine has two elevated baitwells, which I love. Your minnows are right there where you can get them from your seat. This winter, I have added another trolling motor on the transom and fish finder on the back deck, for trolling off the back. I can't wait to use them this spring chasing walleye!

Glenn

If you can go the extra to a Targa 18 you will find there is a huge difference in size - more than you would expect for the one foot difference in length. When I picked mine up it was sitting side by side with a 17 and I was surprised at the very noticeable difference - the 18 is deeper and wider as well as longer. I got the SC but find myself wishing I had gotten the walkthrough on windy days when the spray is flying - the small windshield on the SC lets water run on the console and then into your lap.

Hey Terry --

Bought my 1st boat last May--

I got a Targa 2003 18sc with a 115 4Stroke--A great dry ride--

The only way you could get any better is the Tundra.

With 3 guys -- full gas tank -- rear livewell full and all our junk--Get 40 mph @ 5400 rpm with a 17"p alum. prop..

Still need to do some prop swapping around (need 6000rpm)-- after the snow / ice is gone.

I wish I would of got a 135 Mer.opti.---

Upgrade the TM to a 24v system-- get the 60" shaft on the TM-- I have a 50" -- sometimes can't keep the TM Prop in the water during choppy water.

Good Luck-- HaleDamage

Latest posts

Back