Tahoe vs Suburban

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Barbieri

Reaction score
Looking at trading in my 96 Blazer for a used Tahoe or Suburban 99 or up. Any opinions? I tow a Deep V 17 which the Blazer handles fine. But the extra power and 3rd row seat would add more room for the family.

I have 1999 Tahoe. Love the truck. I don't think you could go wrong with either truck, they both tow like a dream. I tow a Pro Deep V16 and don't even know it's back there. I know Esox is towing a good sized Lund behind his. On occasion I wish I had the longer suburban, especially on trips where my wife brings everything, but most of the time the Tahoe is plenty.

Mike

If your a big fella like me (6'3", 300lbs.), you might regret the Tahoe. I let my dealer talk me into running one in '01 instead of another Suburban and within a few days of getting in and out I felt like one of them circus clowns piling out of the mini-mobile with ten of his other buddies! (LOL!) I got a Siverado Crew Cab HD this past season and plan on staying with this type chasis. I love it! It hauls more, carrying the same amount of passengers I ever carried, than the Suburbans I had with the same type of performance specs. You might want to check one out.

CTS,

I have a 1995 Tahoe, and it is great. I tow a 170tf and have forgot it is back there. I like the size, not too big and not too small. I can tote the wife, son, dog, birds and all other kind of stuff and not really need the extra room of a Surburbie. Very few times have I wanted to have bought the Surburbie.

Carlos

yes we have a Nanday Conure and some parakeets..vet visits.... I figured Tox would have hit on that one. You are fast on the keys there Adam ;-)

I bought a used Suburban last April and I absolutely love it! I am so glad I talked the wife into it over the Tahoe just for the main reason of ROOM. It is only 16 inches longer than the Tahoe,but when you are inside it looks lik it has ten more feet.

I tow a 190TF with it and have no troubles at all. It drives like a dream and you don't even really notice how big it actually is once you are in it and going. All the fellas in the bass club call it "The Bus" because the wife put one of those kid mirrors on the rearview mirror, but when it is tourney time and everyone wants to go out to eat you know which vehicle they say we are taking!!

Tim

I have a 1997 Yukon (GMC's version of the Tahoe) I would have gotten a Suburban if I could do it all over again. The extra room in my buddies Suburbans really makes a difference for me. And the backseat windows don't roll down all the way in mine b/c of the rear wheel-well.

Thanks for the info all! Sounds like the Suburban is the SUV of choice for the money.

Latest posts

Back