T/M Steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Hamer

Reaction score
Is there any way to tighten up the steering cables on Motorguides. Mine seems a little loose. I cannot leave it on constant power and take my foot off of the pedal. When I take my foot off of the pedal the motor begins to spin by itself. This happens at all five speeds. It is the 43lb thrust that came with the boat.

Mine does the same, but only on highest speed setting...I always just assumed it was due to all the torque...

I'd be interested to learn if there is a way to correct it...I have the 52# MG.

az

I have no idea if it's even possible,.........my 76# will do the same thing, but I just live with it,...I never use the constant on very much anyway unless I'm crossing a flat, and even then I just keep my foot on the pedal........sorry I'm not much help on this one!! I guess I just got use to using my foot all the time!!

Mac

The only MG motor you can adjust is the Tour. There are ways to "help" tighten it, but it should be left to an authorized service center.

Try emailing www.trollingmotorparts.com or Fosters trolling motor repair. You can find Fosters on the Bass Fishing Home Page.

They might be able to help.

Mini

How do you adjust the Tour TM? I don't have a manual with mine, and I haven't found one on the MG website.........sa

Back