Switch assembly?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross Dickson

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Doing a restoration to my 1998 Nitro 185 Sport. The one thing that's preventing my dash from looking new are these darn switch assemblies. It's also cracked around the screws, so it's not holding real good. A real flimsy material they used for the assembly.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I called nitro and they stop selling the replacements after 5 years.

IMG_2865.JPG

Check the thread below...they have alot of older stuff also.

Yeah, I took a look through there and didn't see one. Thanks for the response.

Are you looking for the switches or just the back plastic around them?

Well, I'm looking mostly for the plastic behind them, as it's cracked around the screws. The switches are wearing down too, so I wouldn't mind replacing those as well.

Could make some new ones out of aluminum if you can't find any.....

I was kind of thinking about having it done in aluminum by a machine shop, unless anyone knows where I could get a new piece.

Oh, and for the steering wheel, don't worry, I got it covered. :)

I got a 2010 nitro model steering wheel.

Before:

photo%201.JPG

After:

photo%203.JPG

I just made Geno27 on BBC a brushed aluminum dash cover. If you send me a drawing of what you need I can machine something out for you.

That would be fantastic! I was just looking around for someone to do just that. I'll be back working on the boat in a couple weeks, I'll send you a drawing of the plastic to be done then. Thanks so much.

Wow, the lighter dash makes it look 100% better and new gauges really makes a big difference...nice job

I was looking around at those. Great lakes skipper has some that have the logos on them as well. Thanks for the link.

Awesome job on the boat, do you remember where you ended up getting the gauges steering wheel and switches?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back