Swindle Tourney Win & Thieves

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Poff

Reaction score
You guys read where some thieves hit something like 8 boats at that tournament, and they even stole the powerpoles off the boats! Cut the locker bars and took all the rods/reels, etc, all parked at the hotel. They need one of those deals where they open the storage locker and the flame thrower goes off..:p

That's just what I need to happen to me again! I was actually looking at ordering the Loc_R_Bar. Guess they dont work either.

Teri,

Nope. Loc_R_Bar doesn't work. If a thief really wants your stuff, they will get it. As much of a pain it actually is - the only safe way is to bring everything into your hotel with you. Even then, they can always go for the big stuff like trolling motors, Power Poles, etc...

The worst I've ever heard about a Loc R Bar was that someone used the boat winch (on the guys own trailer!) to connect to it and winch it until it cracked the fiberglass and then they cleaned him out.

I take all my stuff out, and then leave the lockers all unlocked. OR... I stay at a campground where I am 10 feet from my boat at the most. Even then, I've heard of people getting hit. Not as often as a hotel, but it still can happen.

I wish some hotel chain owner would get wise and offer security for the boats in a chain link fenced area with armed guards posted. I'd give them my business.

All the best,

Glenn

All a lock does is keep an honest man out.. If I ran one of those events I would get some local Vets and or some good local club members volunteer to team up after dark, make rounds, and chase off those little pin heads and then during the weigh-ins, let them be on stage and be a part of the ceremony. I would also have the Tourney guys whose stuff was being watched, personally thank them for their support and effort along with some signed tee's and hats and some gear from the sponsors. Everybody wins..

Now, for my 20 year military background.. Lord have mercy on the sole of the first "Pin Head" I catch messing with my stuff.:angry:

Haved a good eve everyone

Max <><

This thread got me wondering how many of us leave our stuff in our boats. I aways carry all my stuff in my motels. Its makes it hard to room with me cause it looks like Bass Pro Shops had a explosion in my room. I also use a baby monitor in my boat so I can hear any one is messing with the cover trying to get to my Batteries and trolling motor.So do many of us leave our rods and tackle outside in parking lots?

Sad state of affairs fer shure but it is what it is. You can get a quick release for the TM as well. A lot of boats (like BassCat) now have alarms factory installed. Don't forget a Prop lock, they are another target. Read all the stories about ramp theft as well, tires and whole trailers. I am concerned about my rig sitting out on the lift but it is empty.

TOXIC

Those Pro's need to travel in groups,..stay at the same hotel/motels,...and pool some cheeze and hire a private security guard at every stop,...or even better yet,..hire some retired cop's, ninja's or SEAL's to travel with them and watch their chit at night!!:angry:

When I was fishing BASS and larger regional trails, 90% of the time we sourced out private residence rentals to cut down on theft. The other 10% of the time in hotels/motels we'd call a local security company and find out how much a week of night security would cost. Then we split it up amongst ourselves. ($10-$20 a head depending on participation) There were some who wouldn't contribute and rode our coat tails, but the benefit more than outweighed the occasional cheapskate(s).

Good ideas Mac and Dan. If I didn't have have to work for a living (ie win the lottery), I'd do the boat security gig!!

The same thing happend to guys fishing the Everstart 2 weeks before at the Big O. And they did in fact use the winches on the trailer to break the Loc-R-Bars. I know one of the guys that got hit, they had saws-alls and just went to cutting. Cut the ball right off the electronics mounts, cables everything. They hit 9 boats in under 30 minutes. Rumor mill is that it was the same guys that hit the pros at Kissimmee.

This is the very reason I do not lock my boat up!!! If they want it they are going to get it not matter what you do, unless you take it all inside. So I just leave it open, that way there is limited damage if they do come to get my stuff. Insurance will cover it!

I always take my stuff in the room and leave the boat compartments unlocked. I figure I would rather them rip off my batteries and the other stuff I leave in the boat than destroy it thinking they are going to get my rods. Hopefully someone shoots the SOB's doing this. I have ZERO use for a damn crook.

I have a motion detector I bought at Radio Shack that I leave in the boat. It is loud, but never had any problems, so don't know exactly what kind of deterent it is.

HP

When I was doing the tournament thing, I ALWAYS took everything out and into the motel. If I stopped to eat, I made sure I was seated where I could see the boat at all times, also. Had a friend that lost most of his best rods/reels where someone pulled into the parking lot where he was eating and lifted them right off the deck.

Tex

If BASS wants to start a security division for their competitors, tournaments and other events, I will gladly retire right now and manage that for them..!

...Smitty,...they might frown upon that 3000 round per minute mini-gun you have mounted in the bed of your Ram,....it'll wake the neighbors up.........in IOWA!!:blink::lol:

Someone took the seats right out of my boat while my Dad and I got a cup of coffee at Sheetz one morning last spring. We weren't out of the vehicle 5 minutes and you could see the parking area from the store! I had one extra seat in the truck and Dad had to use a lawn chair on the back of the boat. Looked pretty funny, but I wasn't laughing!

Scott

C'mon Mac...U were supposed to keep that a secret..! When Jihad is decalred in Troy, I will be ready..!

Seriously though..as big a pain in the a$$ as it is, take your chit into the hotel room, your garage, house ect..there is no security system an enterprising thief cannot defeat..and another thing, remove your garage door opener from your vehicle while it sits in the drive overnite. I don't think I need to explain why..If your ride has one of those built in ones (like mine), don't use it, unless u are parking inside obviously. Oh...and another little tip (I'm full of em..) Don't leave the little rope that disengages your garage door hanging freely inside, roll it up in a cable wrap, remove it and just attach it when u need it ect..if its hanging, all I need is a wire coat hanger, fished through the top of your garage door. Then I hook your little handy rope, disengage your garage door, giving me access to the promised land of power tools and recreation equipment, and maybe even the inside of ur home if you don't lock your pedestrian door (like most people)...

,....if they did that to my garage and opened the door to see all of my daughter's chit piled up in there,..the perps would leave me a sympathy note saying....."WTF?!,..we'll be back AFTER she moves out and takes her CHIT with her!!!":eek::wacko::blink:

I don't have any tolerance for thieves. God just may have a special place in hell for such scum, along with many of our politicians.

with all the fisherman that also hunt - I am surprised that someone does not fix this problem. If your hunting deer, you wait in a blind, or a stand and wait. Someone seriously needs to set up a decoy and catch their prey. If I did not have a full time job, I would volunteer myself for something of this nature. Catching criminals like this in the act would make it all worth the while. This would not be all that hard. Set up on the next event, leave the bait and wait. What I would give to catch someone doing that.........heck I would give up my ex wife ! , LOL ha ha

Speaking of deer hunting, since my boys have grown I've commandeered :lol: their old baby monitor while travelling. I slide the remote under the console out of the weather and plug in the base in my hotel room. I'm a light sleeper in general, but I can hear if a stray cat is looking for a place to overnight, let alone a ne'er-do-well. ;)

Thieves, whores, and politicians all lowlife. OR does politician cover the first two.:angry:

I have nothing against anyone making an honest living the thieves and politicians need to go.

BF

Latest posts

Back