1st tourney of 2010

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well I started off my season strong but should have been much stronger! I got nicked by a typical co-angler etiquette NO-NO! I got 10th with 17.11 lbs but SHOULD have won it or at least taken 2nd with over 19 lbs. My co-angler was a guy I know and don't particularly like him and now I REALLY don't like him. He is friend with another CO that talks big about how good an angler he is but won't but his money where his mouth is. I figured he would do me wrong if he could and would tell the other guy all my spots.

I had nearly 20 lbs marked on beds. I asked him not to fish my marked beds, but fish anywhere else. Same deal every boater asks of his AMs. I did not back boat him, but in hindsight, maybe I should have. I had 2 beds about 10 ft apart. One was a pig (5 lber) and the other about a 2 3/4. I told him to have at the smaller one as it wouldn't help me. I worked the big one and he hooked up on the smaller one. I went to net it but he lost it. I turned the boat to see it and he tossed to the big one and nailed him. 4.72....big fish of the entire tourney! He won co-angler and obviously big fish. About $1,250 and I lost 2 lbs of cull that would have landed me solidly in 2nd if not a run at Lavictorie and the win. I would have made at least $1,000 and $500 for big fish, instead I got $247.

On a milder note, I also fished out first local club tourney yesterday with my boy and we fished my "B" squad fish....the left overs. We took turns and boated 14 lbs. My boy got our big fish and was stoked. We only took about 5th out of around 18 boats, but we were fishing my beat up water and against boats with 2 grown men fishing against us. I think we did pretty darn well. It was a great time. I wish we could have won for my boy's sake, but there will be other chances. We also had a guy with us that is a tad slow due to brain damage from a severe car accident and nobody will ever take him since he is poor. I take him every chance I can get. Regrettably, he only got one small fish that we couldn't use but he was part of our team nontheless and hopefully enjoyed our success.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Next event is on the 26th, the Northern Bass Supply Open....watch out boys....Ole Rob has a point to make this year!!!;)

"We also had a guy with us that is a tad slow due to brain damage from a severe car accident and nobody will ever take him since he is poor. I take him every chance I can get. Regrettably, he only got one small fish that we couldn't use but he was part of our team nontheless and hopefully enjoyed our success."

You're already a winner..... ;)

""We also had a guy with us that is a tad slow due to brain damage from a severe car accident and nobody will ever take him since he is poor. I take him every chance I can get. Regrettably, he only got one small fish that we couldn't use but he was part of our team nontheless and hopefully enjoyed our success."

You're already a winner..... "

Yep thats what its all about right there.

I also have a friend that is slow due to a sporting accidnet, hit in the head in high school with a shot put. I used to take him fishing and to basketball/football games but in recent years has become violent to some degree. Can't take him alone anymore.

Enjoy all friends while you can.

On the other side, my first southern tourney at Watts Bar I was a non-boater. I fished with a young kid that wouldn't say a word or tell me what we were fishing etc.... Almost like I was a nuisance. Well he would pull up to a laydown and point the boat right up to it and not give me an angle. I kept my cool and was able to catch quite a few in the surrounding water and not at the laydown itself. I acutally beat him and cashed a check. The part that really got me going is when I was taking my catch out of the livewell his dad came by and began to chew him out, right in front of me, for letting me catch those bass!!!!!!

My friend that invited me to the tourney came by and appologized for them saying that no one likes them or even speaks to them and I know why.

Just keep up the good work Rob!

Randy!

Some of the boaters spend so much time and effort trying to back boat someone that they don't fish smart. In Rob's case the co took advantage of a situation and that is just as rude as back boating. Just remember Rob, yer fishin for points!!

TOXIC

Nice job Rob. Better to rise above than to sink to their level. You will get em, just keep at it!

The guy that one kind of laughed and ragged on me saying, "What are ya doin' lettin him catch that?" I told him, it wasn't like I "let" him but he pulled a quick one. He then said, "I never give them an angle at all". He and another VT boy are known for being back boatin SOBs. I just want to be known as the guy that pulls huge toads in every tourney regardless of the situation. I have a team tourney in 2 weeks, the Northern Bass Supply Open....we'll see what happens then.

Rob,

Sounds like you need to fish alone. At least you will not get so stressed out. This is suppose to be fun!

A good reputation beats another plaque, trophy or check for the mantle any day Rob. Stay on the higher road and the rewards will come. ;)

Latest posts

Back