Great but tough tourney!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Fished White Lake in Michigan for the first time. My partner and I have never fished this body of water but expected to make our way out to lake michigan and try for some smallies. Get to the tourney and find out you can't leave the lake!!!!! So we find a point that looks like it has cover etc.... Well and hour later only two small largemouths and nothing in the live well. I decide to move to a flat and hope for the best. We get there and there is no less than 8 boats fishing the outer edge where it drops from 3-4 feet to about 16 feet. Well I say lets go up on the flat and see if there is anything that will hit on top. Again for about a 1/2 hour nothing. Guess we deserved this as we couldn't prefish. There are 37 boats in the tournament and they can't leave the lake so the locals know the "best spots" and have them covered. I pull out my go to bait the senko and immediately catch a two pounder. Over the next 3-1/2 hours we catch over 30 keepers over 2 pounds in an area the size of my yard!!!!!! We just kept circling this area and they were thick. We end up with boats moving up on us but far enough away they couldn't interfere. We end up in 6th with 14.25 pounds, cashing a check and having a great time. Guess some times dumb luck can prevail!

Hope all are having tight lines!

Randy!

Good job Randy!! I agree with Tox..best bait ever!!

Latest posts

Back