Survey -- What's your biggest fish of any kind??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Jackson

Reaction score
I know it's a Bass board, but let's be honest... (Well, fish story honest, anyway!!)....

Flathead Catfish -- 28#..

35 lb Carp caught on a jigging spoon 12lb test line and an old Flippin' Stick.

T.S.

Hey Mark...

Years ago I fished the Mohawk River for smallmouth around Mohawk, NY... Are you from that area? I have family in Roseboom/Wetford (near Oneonta and Cooperstown).

My biggest fish ever, I caught earlier this spring. I was fishing the Juniata River near Harrisburg PA when it was super high, muddy and cold. Carp were in an eddy and sucking up black/purple hair jigs.

I landed 6 carp that day with several over 40 inches. Biggest one was 46 3/4 inches, landed on a 7 foot medium light spinning outfit with 6 lb test. Took a while to get it in. Didn't get to weight it but it weighed a ton.

I caught a 15 lb. snapper turtle while fishing for bass with a crankbait, does that count? 5 lb bass, 10 lb. carp.

Some kind of shark off of Clearwater, FL. estimated at 150# by charter boat's captain. He may have been jacking it up but it sure felt like 150# or more to me after that battle.

I took a guy I worked with fishing and while on my boat he landed a 230 lb "Buddyfish". He was casting a fly rod in some shallow water for bass and accidentally hooked me in the cheek with the fly. He said he was disappointed in the fight and felt I could have flopped on the deck a little more....other than that...it was fine.

Flathead in the mid-30# range caught using a goldfish, 17# line and medium-heavy rod at the end of a wing dike on the Mississippi just south of Clarksville, MO.

While fishing below the dam at Clarksville, I've had many fish on that I simply couldn't budge and would end up having to break them off..... Guess that's what I get for using relatively light tackle!

me!

17lb King Salmon(Lk.MI)....9lb Lrgmth (BPS Tank) 6lb Lrgmth (Orchard Lk) 5lb smallie (St. Clair,.. but this personal record will be broken next weekend up-north,...several times!!) a 10-11lb Walleye in Erie, (during a bass tournament!!) and a few BIG musky hooked but never landed ('Clair)

Mac

44" Northern Pike est 18lbs, 28" Walleye est 10lbs (same day lost at boatside a walleye at least 6" longer and fatter)

Rich D

125 lb. Hammerhead Shark! I'll see if I can dig up the pic and scan it. It's only a picture of it in the water...sharks not allowed on the boat. Had me from the stern to the bow on a 66 footer two times and had my arms sore for days. What an ugly fish!

TEE

20 lb lake trout in Lake George prefishing for smallies!

Then a 18 lb gator gar! What a fight. Have had on several musky that I can only guess to be around 25-30 lbs, but have never landed them. Usually throwing spinnerbaits on 12 lb test for bass when they strike. Have been completely spooled twice by them.

37" Red Drum (approx. 25#) caught and released at Hatteras Inlet (NC Outer Banks) this spring. Was using a custom 12'6" Heaver and Minhaden for bait. Was 3" shy of a citation, but it was still an awesome fight. Hopefully, the next one will be a citation!

Bryan

Last year, Key West, 135 lb Tarpon...Kicked My A@#...!! Nearly did a "Fred Sanford" in the guides boat after hauling it in....

Hey Mac, I hope we all break some records next week, and I can get 'em all on film!!! This is gonna be SOOOOO cool.

Craig

35 lb King Mckeral of the coast of N. Carolina while stationed at Camp Lejeune year 1975. 20 lb cat, 16 lb northern (mounted on wall) 10 lb walley (mounted on wall), 6.5 lb smallmouth (released to fight another day) 9 lb largemouth (mounted on wall)

Tox,

Fishing on a honey moon!! WOW you have a good one!!!

52lb Black Drum in teh bay.

hmmm, tarpon in the 90 lb class (broke them of at the pier do to couldnt afford a $50 dallor tag and a mount, 30 lb black fin tunas in oct talk about runs on 15lb test would see 300 yds of line disapear and the bottom of my spool. cobia in the 30 to 40lb range, king mackeral in the 30's, speared a 35lb amberjack once what a ride(while diving of course). silvers in alaska (coho I think) 10 to 15 lbs. blue fish around 12lbs. redfish up to 30lbs. speckle trout to 7lbs. jack cravels to 30lbs what a fight. large mouth to 4lbs cant seem to break into the 5s or better go figure

Back