Super Glue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere to put super glue on your fluorocarbon knot to keep it from coming loose. Is that something I should do? I haven't had trouble with it in the past but I spend too much time making sure the knot is tight.

but I spend too much time making sure the knot is tight.

No, you don't. Others just don't spend enough time making sure the knot is tight (and right). :D

I used super glue for a while but soon discovered that if I took the time to tie the knot right the first time, there was really no need.

I haven't had trouble with it in the past

If it ain't broke.... :) If you haven't had issues in the past, why change the way you do things?

All the best,

Glenn

My problem with glue is that I would leave it open and it would be dry by the next that I would want to use it. Just make a good knot and you will be good.

Well, I am one vote for glue... If you have ever seen a (several thousand dollar) fish swim away at the boat and then seen the very evident tell-tale pig tail on the end of the line on a crawler harness you would adopt my "glue every knot" approach.

Not a glue fan myself. I fish clear water mostly and super glue magnifies the knot and any part of the line it touches with its opaque color when dry.

Latest posts

Back