Stripers! It was a blast and the area was great. Pictures uploaded.

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://www.stroutfitters.com/in
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, we got back from N. Central Arkansas last night. I have't uploaded all the pic's from our Striper trip as yet, but I have uploaded the one the guide took and put on his gallery site. It's a little small, but our pic's will be a little better.

Matthew_Apr02_2009 010.JPG

We got a total of 7, all of them in the 7-10lb range. Fishing live gizzard shad (4-6" in size)about 40' down on 10' BMN Crappie Poles with 8lb cajun line. Most reels were standard AMB or PENN baitcast reels. Fishing out of a 'Falcom' striper boat powered by a 150hp Honda.

Left the dock just about 4:45AM, and fished up in a creek with a 100' deep horseshoe channel in it. Guide did a great job, and we really had a good time. We stayed out till about 9:00AM or so, and since the bite had slowed, we headed in. Judy enjoyed it, but her limit is more around 'time' and less about number of fish.

Guide completely cleaned all the fish, including all the 'red meat' that had to be removed. Only thing we had to do was season them and put them on the grill! Ummmm, ummmm good.

Link below for the guide's site.

More pic's to follow tonight.

Tex
http://www.stroutfitters.com/index.htm

Tex, Glad you had a great time.I think the area is just beautiful. The fall colors are awesome there.

Yeah, I can only imagine. We really liked that area (down by Norfork) and found several housing additions and/or areas that we would like to consider for retirement. The other house that we posted on another thread, is down there also, about 10 minutes from the Tracy Ferry area.

Tex

Here are some additional pic's of the fishing.

Arkansas July 2010 051.JPG

Arkansas July 2010 052.JPG

Those are 10' B&M Crappie Poles on the boat, with 8lb Cajun line. Made for an interesting fight to get them landed. Would have loved to have hooked/fought a 20lber, but most of these were in the 7-10 lb range.

Arkansas July 2010 061.JPG

Tex

The White River just below the Bull Shoals Dam. Bull Shoals has over 550 miles of shoreline. We actually stayed near the dam (in Bull shoals) and at one point, crossed over a far northern creek on the far North end of the lake while visiting Grist Mills in MO.

Matthew_Apr02_2009 022.JPG

Tex

If we can get some rain toget our water moving it is time for ours to heat up. They sure know how to fight.......

Latest posts

Back