Nice to be getting ready for a tourney & Results

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, after moving back to Texas last Spring, I can truthfully say that this is the first weekend/tourney where I really feel 'back in the saddle'. The boat is all ready to go. I've been studying the maps that I got (Lake Bob Sandlin - E. Texas - never been on it); and planned out my attack. I have about 6-8 areas on the lower lake that I'm targeting. Boat #1 in the morning, and should be able to get to the area that I want to start at, within about 5-8 minutes at most.

I finished preping my tackle; and have my rods all ready to go. Even have the '2nd tier' rods stacked in the order that I'll probaby want them later in the morning.

It will be a long day, as I need to hit the floor about 4:00AM and be gone by 4:15AM. Meeting the 'caravan' in the WalMart parking lot at 4:45AM. Tourney is 7:00AM till 4:00PM (several other tourneys on the lake weighing in at 3:00PM, so we delayed an hour).

Got my favorite popper on (showing it's war wounds); buzz bait and also a rage tail shad (that thing attracks the big fish for sure). Have a 14" minimum, so I'll have to hopefully wade through some 'shorts' and find some 'keepers'.

I really felt today (while finishing up prep), that my head was into this, more than it's been in a long time. Really felt good. :D:D:D

Reports on Sunday.

Tex

I'll just be happy to get a few keeper fish, our lake is only 12 inches luckily, and a cold front coming through now, tomorrow is bluebird skies may be tough.

Good luck Tex!

Good luck! Hopefully the bite is better for you than it has been for me in the last couple of outings here in S. Carolina.

Bite was OK, but turns out we were on the 'wrong' bite. We were mostly on a worm bite (did well early), but it died for us within about an hour and a half of launch. Turns out the better bite was a Crankbait bite - again early. One of our members said he had 30+ caught, but most were short. Managed a limit, but went catchless the balance of the day.

I got two keepers, that both went a little over a pound. Not much, but had 4 total. Nice to actually weigh in fish again. Partner had one keeper, and caught about 5 'peanuts' - as he calls them.

Only one person had a 'good sack'. 16 and change with an over 6lb Big Bass. Nice fish.

Lake was 68-70 degrees (this is one of our Power Plant lakes, so it's a bit warmer than others). We stayed in the lower lake all day. Stratos ran well, and no problems encountered. Been quite a while since I was out in it, for the entire day - really running the trolling and big engine.

Tex

Latest posts

Back