Stick Bait storage

• Thread starter Paul P [URL]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
Has anyone used the following container for stick baits (BassPro Item No 38-422-446-00)?

74057.jpg

I currently have a regular Plano 360 with a bunch in each slot. They are always tangled.

Any other suggestions for stick bait storage?

I did not see the BASS labeled BassPro products in the Master Catalog. Are they offered through BASS or something as well?

Paul

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...rClassCode=11&hvarSubCode=9&hvarTarget=browse

I use an old spinner bait box that I have had for years they are made to hang your baits

JD

I use the old fashion boxes with the adjustable partitions. Can't get as many in there, but it does the trick.

FYI...You insert the link down below where you type in the message....Just above the "Reply" button.

Bryan

I've seen these, and they are certainly nice. However, they tend to take up quite a bit of room, since they restrict how many can be put in at once.

I just use a plano 360 box, and put 3-4-5 in a bigger slot. Then I just 'shake em loose' when I want one.

Tex

Thats what I also do Tex.

The 370 sized box I showed above will probably fit the same amount as a regular 360 box. Trade off for taking more space is no tangles I guess.

I use Plano 3600 and 3700 boxes. They work fine and are relatively inexpensive. What saves the tangles and frustration is putting "hook bonnets" on my trebles and I NEVER have a problem with taking a hard bait out of a box. Added feature is I don't get my fingers stuck with the treble hooks taking them out or apart. LOL

I use small gumbands on all my multi hook lures.

Hook it onto the front treble, around the rear treble then loop it over the nose of the bait. Only takes a second to do and no more tangled hooks.

I believe it was Woo Daves that I saw do it once, and I have been doing it ever since.

Steve

Those bbbaitboxes are nice! Pricey though. Looks like you could make one pretty easily.

B&B Baitboxes would not be real easy to duplicate... And, they are worth every $$$ of their price... I have three and am ordering a fourth and fifth to phase out the last of my Plano boxes holding cranks..