Starter problem.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
HI all,

So MY starter was changed to a new one this past spring. Has been working great with no problems at all.. Untill now.. It just happens out of nowhere,, I will turn the key and nothing happens, just a small "click" even a little "tap" on the side of the starter doesnt help. I have to pull start it to get the engine running..

Anything I can do to fix this problem? I have a feeling the rain /mouisture is creating sticking, but maybe I am wrong, wanted your opinions. Thanks all

-jason

To add to that.. it is a 2001 Tracker mercury 25HP 2-Stroke Outboard.. Would a local auto parts store have a "starter solenoid" for this boat? Is there a way to test the solonoid rather quickly? Thanks all

and...you checked your battery to ensure it's charged?

Yes. Battery is always fully charged. Again it is an "occasional" problem not constant. Thanks

Check all primary connections first. Pay particular attention to the leads on your solenoid. (mains and switched) You can jump it to see if your starter is spinning. You can check for voltaged switched at the solenoid also, but I would suspect a connectivity issue. (carbon/corrosion) Good luck!

Back