Spark Plugs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Tremblay

Reaction score
About the spark plugs, can someone help me with a part number. Wanting to get the plugs and change them out this weekend.

I have a 2000 Mercury 200hp Opti Nitro Series (Bass Pro Special)

And this may be a dumb question and I am just too impatient to wait and look tonight, but how many spark plugs does my motor have?

And when changing the plugs in my car, I changed the plug wires as well while I was getting dirty. Is it the same for my Mercury? Is there something else I should be changing for PM while I have the plugs out?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Serial number please, and I will verify correct plug and gap for you tomorrow.

NGK IZFR5G, gapped at .032-.033, and there are six. If the wires have not been chaged since 2000, it IS time. ;)

Bob, thanks so much for finding the part number. Can you also help me with a number for the plug wires as well?

I have called all the marine places around me and nobody has either the plugs or the wires.

A few places even gave me a few different numbers for the plugs, but I trust you more than them so I am sticking with NGK IZFR5G.

Numbers I was given for plugs :

BR6ES from local marine parts store

97389 from Bass Pro

Numbers I was given for wires:

821545A653 - local marine store

816761Q6 - Bass Pro

So Bob, here are my questions, why are the plugs so expensive? I was quoted $22 per plug. Also, where is the best place for me to order them online? I don't mind supporting one of our members. Or if anyone has a good website with great prices to order them from.

For reference, the seriel number is 06925431

Thanks

Jordan

I used "Champion" plugs insted of NGK to try to save money ONCE. They caused interference that caused the motor to run bad. I change them in less then a week. I would have never thought a plug could be so different.

The ONLY plug for that engine is the IZFR5G, plenty in stock. Iridium tipped. Unobtanium coated {just kidding here!} Accept NO substitutes! Part number 33-889597Q Sugg List $20.42ea. Ouch but true. Wires sold as a kit #84-821645A63, Sugg List $37.96. Have to order those. Members receive 10% discount! Call 1-800-370-2628 ask for Mark Lewis, or on-line at www.usamarineinc.com. ;)

Thanks thebaitbar, that is what I figured.

And Bob, you are amazing. Thanks for the info and I will be giving Mark Lewis a call shortly.

Thank you for all of your help.

Just tried to call to order, but I guess the parts department is already closed since it is late on a Friday. It just rang and rang. I will try again tomorrow or Monday.

Jordan

Bob, thanks again for your help. Just got off the phone with Mark and we got everything ordered.

Jordan

Bob, just got off the phone with Mark. My plugs and wires came in to USA Marine today. I paid for them over the phone and he is shipping them to me today. Thanks again for your help. I should have them by the end of the week.

Jordan

Latest posts

Back