Spark Plugs and Cylinder Fogging

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
The old "farmers trick" from another post got me thinking (scary)...Last fall, since my motor was due for its 20 hour check up, I had the dealer go ahead and do the winterizing for me as well. In the past, winterizing for me meant lugging the outboard down to the basement for the winter...Well, with the 90hp, THAT isn't going to happen. Here's my question...Is it necessary to take out each spark plug when fogging the cylinders? I would assume it is...I'm starting to wonder if my dealer last fall charged me for some work that may not have been performed. I had the motor cover off last week to top off the oil and to do a quick visual inspection. I pulled off one of the spark plug wires just to see how snug it was. Looking closely at the plug, I could tell that it had not been removed. The black sealing "paint" was still sprayed over it and the surrounding area. Also, there were no marks that a typical socket wrench would leave on the plug...All the plugs look this way...I suppose that they (the dealer) could have "re-painted" the plugs when they put them back in, but I'm thinking they never took them out...I've always had good experiences with this dealer, and I'm wondering now what I should do...I still have the receipt from last fall...would asking for a "free" winterizing this fall be in order?

Am I missing something here?

What do you all think?

az

They should have pulled the plugs and fogged each cylinder as a final step.

Latest posts

Back