Skeg Guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I nicked the leading edge of the skeg(hit a herring at 163 MPH :huh: )and had to grind off about 3/8th of an inch to straighten it up and was considering a skeg guard. The question is will it hurt performance or maybe improve it? Also, is one brand better than another?

KeelShield makes a fine one and they do nothing for or against performance. If you are interested in the KeelShield version, drop me an email and I'll get you a deal.

TOXIC

I broke off 80% of my skeg and used a Skeg Guard. I had JUST enoug skeg left tp put the guard on. Never had a performance problem with it. I am sure the KeelShield version is just as good or Toxic wouldn't sponsor it. Hi Tox!:lol:

JimmyE you can't go wrong with Keelshield brand, got mine after reading about it from Tox, got to me fast and took all of 10 minutes to install, still new looking after several years of use in shallow water..... some pictures in my library of it after installing.....hardest part of install was finding my drill.....top notch SS and 2 SS nuts/bolts.....

Not sure Keelshield had a guard out when Skeg Guard was leading the way for us wayward boaters. Absolutely no performance issues with mine. Installation was so easy there is no way you can convince the frau that you can't visit the mother-in-law.

Jimmy,

I got a keelshield last year. Its was rec by Toxic. Great deal. Great product. Really sharp. Perfect fit. I have a pic in my files if you want to look at the finished product.

As far as the 163 goes, I thought it was a typo.. Maybe 16.3..

Max

Jimmy since you are a fisherman, we knew you were lying about the speed. LOL

Latest posts

Back