shopping 4 a nx 750 DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon McGlynn

Reaction score
Hi all, just found the site today and am making my first post.

I am looking to buy my 1st new boat ever, I currently own a 1981 60 hp mariner hydra sport, 15 1/2 foot bass boat, time to upgrade. What I am looking at is a 2004 nitro NX750 DC with a 115 or 125 merc. It looks like the 125 is about 1 or 2 mph faster than the 115, does it have much better accell. or something, worth upgrading? Do any of you currently own this boat and if so, can you give some ideas on what to special order as far as optional equipment, things you wish you would have gotten, things you shouldnt have gotten and things you cant live without on the boat. I am set on this boat because I love the looks, the size and most importantly the size. The 135 optimax put's this boat a bit out of my price range so Im debating between the 115 and 125. I am also special ordering it because im very picky with the color combo, have any of you had experience with doing this and how did it go? The boat comes with a motor guide TM, lowrance x-47 DF, 2 batteries, dual console, 115hp and full boat flake paint upgrade for $16,500 sound like a fair deal or too much? Thanks for any info you can offer.

Jon

Sounds like it is right on the money. Mercury is offering a extra 2 year factory warranty for free as well. Make sure the deal includes that. That will give you a full 3 years of warranty on the engine!

I just purchased a 04 NX750 SC with a 115 ELPTO. That is plenty motor for this size boat. I just took it out this afternoon for my maiden voyage. The boat runs great, gets on plane real fast. I am still breaking the motor in so after about 1 hour I got it up to about 4000 rpm for a couple mintues, that was between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. GPS was reading 42 MPH. I figure broken in WOT 750 with 115 laserII should run mid to high 50's. Not bad for a 17 footer.

BTW, you will love this boat plenty of room, lots of noce features. One thing u may one to think about is the dual console vs single. You loose allot of deck space and floor space on passanger side of boat, especialy in 17 1/2 foot boat. Also you will not be able to keep 7 1/2 rods on that side of deck without hanging over bow or hitting passenger winshield.. That is one of the reasons I opted for the SC over the DC. But either way you go, you cant beat this boat for the price.

just because im stuborn, Im sticking with the dual console, I just love the look of it. I have also been the victim in a rain storm or on a muggy evening taking a beating in the passenger side of a single console. Also, I forgot to ask an important question. I own a 03 ford ranger FX4 4.0 v-6 with 217 hp, please tell me this boat wont require a new pickup....lol thanks for all the sudden reply's guy's.............Brian, I noticed you just got this boat, Im waiting till mid march to order mine so I havnt even checked yet, what does it cost you to insure yours?

Personally I would go with the 115 over the 125 for the money. Apparently outboard motor ratings are +/- 10%, so you may not see any difference at all. This is what my salesman told me when buying my 115. Also, I know someone with the nx750/115 and it flies, he gets about 57mph max. His hole-shot suffers with the 26" prop they rig them with so you might ask about this.

Jon i just got my Nitro also it's a 188 sport and the insurance on it here is 385.00 a year and thats full covergae on it as me and the bank own it. But your V-6 Ford well pull it just fine. good luck with your boat

see you on the lake

Richard

Got my rigged with a 24" Laser II

My insurance with Boat US ( Yacht Policy ). this covers you for total loss, and they DO NOT use ACV. So if you insure for example 17,000 and the boat sinks, fire, theft, ect, non-fixable.. you get the face value of your policy. Look out for that on boat insurance I know Boat US and Progressive offer this type of coverage. ( Progressive is more $$ for less coverage BTW. Boat US has the best rates going. I am paying for 300,000 Liab. 500,000 spill, 1000 medical under 300 per year.

oh and 300,000 unisured boaters..forgot to add that.. and I am in Jacksonville , Florida. rates in Jax, for insurance, car, house boat is allot cheaper than SFLA..

750 with the 115 rocks. It does fly and has nice features if you spring for a few upgrades. Like going to the 24V trolling and maybe adding an LCR at the bow.

Great boat. Good luck.

Back