Sensor Alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Merc Opti 200, serial # 1B256637 and I need to disconnect the low water pressure sensor/alarm. Reason being that at low rpms the alarm rings, but only intermitantly. I still get a good stream of water out the back and the water pressure gauge is still reading around 4-6 psi. Again this is at just off idle speed. I replaced the water pump already and still the alarm goes off. Now, after discussing with a couple of techs, the belief is that the sensor itself is the problem. My question is, where is this sensor and how does one disconnect it, or replace it? Has anyone ever done this before? Thanks in advance.

You may want to have it checked out further, before you do any harm. I had the same issue and changed the water pump and still had good pressure. Turned out that the upper and lower seals were blown. If the alarm is not coming on immediatly after you start it, there is a good chance it is overheating, because enough water is not passing through.

Steve

Let me do my best Bob B imitation NEVER DISCONNECT AN ALARM WITHOUT KNOWING WHY IT IS SOUNDING!!:lol: Seriously though...get it checked and if it is the the sensor (which I doubt) get it fixed unless you want to replace your motor....cheap insurance!!

You may have blockage in some water passages. Could be sand, debris, zebra mussles, etc.

Take it in to a mechanic (a GOOD one).

Latest posts

Back