Alarms

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warren

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have 1 2008 901 CDX with a 200hp OptiMax with DFI I put it in storage last fall, ran great when I did. Took it out of storage last week. I put it in the water to start the engine let it idle 10 15 min to warm it up. I gave it throttle to 3000 rpms and a solid alarm went off and it went into limp mode When I dropped the rpms down to 2400 the alarm stopped. . In which my manual said it was for low oil in the tank or the reserve tank. Both are full. Can anybody give me an idea what I need to look for? Is it a sensor, oil pump, I have no clue what I am looking for. Thanks all for the help !!
Warren

Warren
The oil tank float switch can become separated in the tank. This results in intermittent false low oil level alarm. I had this to happen on my 2001 Mercury 90 HP. The alarm would activate on hard throttle and go off when I deaccelerated.
I performed a similar repair as the video illustrates using Super Glue. Worked great and I didn't need to purchase a $150 oil tank.
Hope this helps.
Vic

LOW OIL LEVEL: The low oil level warning is activate when the remaining oil in the mounted oil resevoir tank drops below 50 fl. oz.... WARNING HORN EMITS A SERIES OF FOUR BEEPS.

ENGINE OVERHEAT: HORN SOUNDS CONTINUOUSLY

ENGINE OVERSPEED: INTERMITTENT BEEP until engine speed drops below MAXIMUM RPM.

ELECTRICAL SENSOR NOT FUNCTIONING: If the TPS, MAP, or CTS is not functioning, or is out of it's "pre-programmed diagnostic range", the warning horn will sound INTERMITTENTLY.

WATER IN FUEL WARNING: SERIES OF FOUR BEEPS.

These warnings were intended to be utilized with a "WARNING LIGHT GAUGE" (which provided additional information via lighted warning lights).

Latest posts

Back