2013 Z7 Sport - Heard An Alarm?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelHappy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to the site. Thank you for having me. I was hoping more experienced boat owners might be able to point me in the right direction.

I was out this weekend and got into some nasty wind and waves. Ended up taking a decent amount of water over the bow. Like an idiot I had my head unit on the deck (still connected) because the bracket broke the week before and I didn’t get to fixing it. Needless to say that got completely soaked. Shortly after my speakers started making crazy static sounds so we disconnected the radio ASAP.

As soon as we took the first good load of water over the bow I immediately turned on the bilge pump. At that point I heard some high pitched alarm sound. It went off for maybe 20-30 seconds and then stopped. I do not remember the sequence of alarm beeps (if any).

I was thinking maybe there was a sensor for when there is too much water in the hull? Or is it an engine alarm? Shortly after that my trolling motor was acting up a bit too. My remote would disconnect when I used the foot pedal and vice versa. And it was really weak. ‍♂️♂️

Thanks for your time guys.

Latest posts

Back