SE Sport hydrofoil queston

• Thread starter Eric B [URL]http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/c
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric B

Reaction score
Ive got a 40hp merc. thinkin of putting on one of those SE Sport
hydrofoles.

The SE 200 is for motors 8 to 200 hp, the 300 is for 25 to 350 hp.

Not sure which to get. The 200 has a different hole pattern then the 300
and dont wanna make a mistake. Also, have any of you ever used one?

Ive listed the site URL and a pic URL.
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...arClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=6&hvarTarget=browse
13834.jpg

I have used hydrofoils by stingray, omc and se sport and I like the se sport the best. Every one worked but the se sport seems to allow my boat to perform the best, I have the 300 series on a 75 hp merc, I lost no top speed and my boat comes out of the hole in half the time as it did without it. It may be the most expensive one but it was worth it.
Ron

I like the Attwood, which has wings that "bend up". This reduces the amount of hydrofoil in the water at higher speeds, Works very well.

Pierre

Well, if the truth be told, I installed a SE300 on my 40hp Merc, and I can't tell much difference. I can tell it will stay on plane a little longer when I back off the throttle and come in for a landing, but I also lost 2-4 mph on top-end. She handles a little better, but it's not that much bettter. They are very easy to install, just drill 4 holes and bolt it on. If you're looking for a hole shot inprovement, get a 75hp :)..... With a 40, I personally dont think it's worth the money but that's just my opinion, often wrong but never in doubt.

Parrotth3ad

Parrotth3ad, it was cost I was worried about when I got the boat, I want
a 60 or 75 hp motor for it. Id sell my 40 if I had the money to get the
bigger one. Thanks for the imput all!

i have a merc 60hp on a 170 TF the se sport 300 really helped planning at lower speeds. it did not hurt top speed at all, i would recommend it.

Try the Cobra model called "The Edge". It has a couple of distinct enhancements. First off, it's metal, not plastic. Secondly, it mounts "under" the cavitation plate. Which does a better job of distributing the load evenly and therefore almost eliminating the possibility of stress breaking the hydrofoil, but the cavitation plate as well. I've seen two motors that had hydrofoils on em that broke the cavitation plate. Hence my choice for the Cobra unit. You can oder one from Cabela's. Sorry guys, I know Cabela's is "Brand X" around here, but Bass Pro didn't handle the Cobra when I got mine. (about 2 months ago)

Good Luck!!

Todd C.