Scouts fishing tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
What a great turnout we had. The weather was great, sunny and in the mid 80's. We had most of the boys there. They all listened very attentively about safety and then wanted to fish. We had about 20 boys and everyone one of them caught fish, and most of them caught several. The one boy who caught the most caugh 18 and his brother caught 17. Most were rockbass but they loved it. And they did mix in a few bass as well.

The largest was a 5 1/2 largemouth! And to top it off, he was caught on a piece of worm that wouldn't interest a bluegill and a tiny trout hook. It was awesome. There were bass boats everywhere as guys were putting in to go prefish for this coming weekend's tourneys and this kid lands a bucketmouth! LOL We also had a couple of 3 lbers caught and several 14" (1 1/2 lb) fish landed. They all had a great time and the parents got into it as well. I only hope I sparked a real and lasting passion in these boys for fishing. When we gets pics back, I will post some. The one bass is one that will make most grown men jealous.....gotta love Champlain.

Back