Rod Holders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
Looking to add a couple of rod holders to my 06 nitro 288. I'd like to put one slightly forward and above the throttle control on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. My question is how to do this with a glass boat. I have only installed them on aluminum. I am worried about cracking. Thanks

I have CAREFULLY used a hole saw and mounted the flush bases for RAM 2000 holders. The rod holders were epoxied into place with screws also added to use the screw holes for a finished look. You can also add hand rails and mount rod holders to the rails for a very finished look without cutting holes (at some increased expense). A third method involves installing base plates (iffy on curved gunwal;es). I suggest you do some "eyeball" research at Bass Pro and other marine dealers. Also, look at used boats to see what others have done. Finally, come out to a walleye tournament weigh-in, you will see everybody has some type of rod holders installed.

Thanks man. On my old boat I had a Berkley Quick Set installed and absolutely love it. I want to put one on my nitro as well. Just wary of drilling and tapping into glass on gunwale. Will washers on the inside help with rigidity and strength?

One friend of mine used 1/4" "T-nuts" on the underside of the gunwale. I personally would opt for fender washers and "squish" type acorn nuts with nylon inserts.

Latest posts

Back